Good books?

Discussion in 'Hunting TV Shows, Books & Video Discussions' started by PAGuardian, Feb 1, 2010.

1. PAGuardian

PAGuardian AH Member

Hunted:
    Namibia
    I've been doing a little more leisurely reading lately and its time to order a few new books. I just finished "Heart of an African Hunter" by Peter Flack. What books have you guys and gals enjoyed?
  2. FFemt5287

FFemt5287 AH Senior Member

Member of:
    SCI, NRA, DRSS
    I've enjoyed my way through 5 or 6 of Peter Capstick's books over the past few months. Robert Rourke's Horn of the Hunter was also very good. I'm currently struggling through Teddy Roosevelt's African Game Trails. I just can't seem to get into it.
  3. Mike70560

Mike70560 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, DU, DSC
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
    Ian Nyschens "Months of the Sun" is one of my favorites.
  4. husb0023

husb0023 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA (WI,MS,LA,CO) CANADA (MB)
    Hemingway's 'Green Hills of Africa' is worth a read if you never have before. It is not as action packed as some other accounts but still well written.
  5. trigger creep

trigger creep AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA
    Some great books by Peter Hathaway Capstick are " Death In the Long Grass, " Death In the Dark Continent ", " Death In a Lonely Land ", and " Last Horizons". Another GREAT book is Hunter by John A. Hunter.
  6. SlovakianHunter

SlovakianHunter AH Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Slovakia, Czech Republic, South Africa (Kalahari, Limpopo), Namibia, Zimbabwe 2x, Austria, Kamchatka, Kazachstan, Canada B.C., Romania, Macedonia
    I just finished "Where the lions roar" writen by C.Boddington. Its a very good and informative book that gives you a lot. Now I want to buy another books from Boddington and also want to get the collection of Tony Sanchez Arino
  7. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    I have read all Capstick books, amazing reads, and books on Indian Hunting which r world famous namely Jim Corbett "The Man-eaters of Kumaon" and Kenneth Andersons "When the tiger roars" exquiste books depicting the hunters experiences in taking the man-eating tigers in Northen and Southern India. Rouarkes Horn of the Hunter was a great read too.
  8. william

william New Member

Member of:
    RSHGB
    Hunted:
    Belgium, France, South Africa
    I always re-read before to go to RSA: "The Safari Companion" by Richard D.Estes.

As described " A guide to Watching African Mammals".

William