Gonna try some Old School on the next Trip

Drawing the line at the wool, makes my butt itch! Can’t hunt with an itchy butt!
Well, you might want to wear something more than your Snappy for underwear:rolleyes:

Well, you might want to wear something more than your Snappy for underwear:rolleyes:

You'd think a boy from Montana would have a proper appreciation for wool.

Of course, you wouldn't expect a boy from Montana to have a Snappy, either!

You'd think a boy from Montana would have a proper appreciation for wool.

Of course, you wouldn't expect a boy from Montana to have a Snappy, either!
I do have an appreciation of wool, probably saved my life a couple times! I only bought one snappy, and we know who is the proud owner now!
As far as the wool goes I like the weight and performance of a lot of the new stuff like Sitka and kuiu. What can you expect from a guy that uses a Dillon to load pistol ammo on! Lol

Wait a minute there Cody. I load nothing but pistol ammo on two of my four Dillon presses. Nine mm on the Square Deal B, 45(s) on the Dillon 1050, for all other calibers I use the 550. The only Dillon that I haven't used to load pistol ammo is my 650. Or am I mistaking your post somehow?

Well, I was going to make a wise crack about you young guys and your fancy, modern tools.

But then Art had to jump in and take that approach right out of my toolbox!! :)

Wait a minute there Cody. I load nothing but pistol ammo on two of my four Dillon presses. Nine mm on the Square Deal B, 45(s) on the Dillon 1050, for all other calibers I use the 550. The only Dillon that I haven't used to load pistol ammo is my 650. Or am I mistaking your post somehow?
Lol, yes. I love my Dillon! Tim doesn’t like anything progressive. I am only anti-progressive in my political beliefs! But don’t tell anyone but Tim is kinda in the closet because rumor has it he has a red progressive on his bench! Lmao

Tim is kinda in the closet because rumor has it he has a red progressive on his bench! Lmao

I don't think so!! Just two single-stage...one from 1975!

IMG_0114.jpg

Straight up trick photography! I love that bench! Awesome accumulation skills!

FANTASTIC rifle..caliber is perfect for the PG here!! Wishing you a great hunt!!

Dad still hunts with his mid-1960's 99C. Calls it old "Meat-in-the-Pot"! He's killed whitetails, mulies, moose and elk with it. I've killed a few deer with it myself. I will inherit this awesome rifle someday, but I'm happy to say he's still going strong at 76!

My brother-in-law had a few 99s in .300 that had been in the family for generations. He had pics of successful moose hunts, deer and black bear. He didn't hunt anymore but I could not pry that gun out of his hands for love or money. He had an almost new 99 in 22HP that went to his son when he passed. I couldn't get that one, either.

Well, since this thread has started I've managed to buy two M99s....you guys are just a bunch of enablers!

Somewhere in this somewhat derailed thread about snappy's :ROFLMAO::confused:and woolies:eek:, I missed what the caliber of Tex's 99 was!:rolleyes: Honestly!:LOL:

My dad was a huge fan of the 99, me not so much but I did have one once, given to me by a great uncle and sadly I sold it to pay bills once when broke.:(:(

Beautiful rifles . Several of our clients used to bring Savage Model 99 lever rifles to India for shikar quite often . Here is Kawshik's Nepalese gun bearer carrying a client's Savage Model 99 chambered in .243 Winchester .
Screenshot_20191002-203359_01_01_01.png

There was also a model chambered in .22 Savage Hi Power ( which utilized a 70 grain Hornady bullet ) . This 1 , unlike the other later models had an unique rotary magazine , as opposed to the conventional box magazines on the other models . The .22 Savage Hi Power was an excellent cartridge for Kakar deer, 4 horned buck , Black Buck , Chinkara and Barasingha deer . A few of my clients also used it with great degrees of success on cheetal deer , but only in situations where a neck shot was presented .

I've had several M99's over the years, each one was fun, functional, and effective. An old takedown in .250-300, a 99C with detachable magazine in .243, a 99F .308 (best one of the bunch) , and a 1970's version 99A with the rotary magazine in .250-3000. While each was accurate enough for carefully aimed shots farther than I would shoot anyway, their real talent is their handling characteristics while shooting offhand at moving game in the bush. Nice to carry, quick to aim, and fast to reload. I seldom hunt deer by "pushing bush" any more, but if I did, I'd still have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New88Ceo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani