Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Free State of South Africa, East Cape of South Africa
Generate Life-Size Posters From AH Shot Placement Images

watermark.php

I stumbled onto a free (at last check) program called Rasterbator which will generate a poster-sized printout from any image. The big image is made up of dots similar to the style of pictures you see in printed newspapers. The poster image is printed out on a series of 8.5"x11" paper (other sizes are an option) and when the pages are tacked up in the proper order the image will be seen. The generated image can be in either color or black and white plus you can determine the size of the image you want to print out (based on how many pages you want the image spread over).

I've attached a sample of what the output looks like based on an image of a cape buffalo found in this forum as I plan to use it in practice for an upcoming handgun hunt. It's a .pdf and if you look at a page and zoom out you'll start to see what I'm talking about as it's easier to visualize than describe.

Attachments

• buffalo_perfect_shot_1.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 939
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks RickP for this very cool info! I'm going to hurry and buy some shares of 3M since I know a bunch of hunters are going to be using a lot of scotch tape! Good luck with your target shooting! It be great if you would take a pictures of your set up and post it!

Forestry products shares Abitibi Price for me.

Very cool idea.

Thanks.

Great idea!

Even better idea scale to 50 percent and halve the shooting distance. .... roughly ....you can check doctari's posters on Safari Press site.

Wish I had this prior to my hunt in April, it would have made the buff shot easier!

Just downloaded the software, looks like I will be buying a fair bit of ink cartridges.

and....of course this program is only for Windows:E Pissed:. I got myself a Mac this year. So far, I've only found one thing that I can't use on it. Right here, on this page :A Thumbs Down:. I still have my trust Windows machine I can use for this later. I have heard there is a trick to make this thing do windows programs, but that's outside my scope of knowledge:A Type:, and the time i have available right now. One day though..

Rastor for Mac works the same.
Philip

perhaps I'll have to search those terms. The link I followed here was not successful

Bumping this thread with another seemingly similar tool which creates a multi-page PDF. It works in your browser, i.e. there is no local installation of software to mess with.

In the preview mode it also shows you the 'grid' of pages to be created, so that you can make an eyeball measurement of the scale, e.g. an Oryx is about 4 A4 pages (portrait) from hoof to shoulder. So if you want the real size of an animal, it is easy to adjust the size of the poster until you get it right. Also, the grid is numbered, so you can easily make note of which pages you want to print, and where you can save ink on not printing background etc.

https://posterazor.sourceforge.io/online/ (it takes a little while to load)

Here is a sample of one I made to approximately the right size.

oryx-quartering-to-bw.jpg

Attachments

• oryx-quartering-to-bw.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 332
  • oryx-quartering-to-bw.pages.txt
    23 bytes · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg