Labman

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club, Audubon, PA
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana
This book is in excellent condition especially considering that it is over 100 years old. Inside the book is an inscription showing it was given as a Christmas gift in 1916. There is also an article from a Philadelphia, PA newspaper dated Jan. 6, 1917 reporting the death of F.C. Selous. The article was apparently being used as a book marker.

I found an online appraisal service which provided me with the following valuation after sending them several pictures.

"AFRICAN GAME TRAILS Roosevelt, Theodore Published by Syndicate Publishing Company, New York, 1910Hardcover. Early reprint. (First edition published by Charles Scribner's Sons.) Retail value $300. Resale value $125-$150. Please let me know if you got this answer, and if I can help further. JM"

I'll sell the book for $125 shipped CONUS. If you want any additional pictures just let me know.

MJGd2Uml.jpg
37gjMj8l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rkcipl

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.