Flaig Ace FN Mauser 300 WM

woodsman1991

AH veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful Flaig Ace built on an FN commercial M98 action. Barrel is a Douglas, built on 3/25/1965 today's date 59 years ago. Bore is very clean, rifling crips, rifle has not been fired much. No throat erosion or cracking. Scope is a Balvar 8A by Bosch and Lomb. Glass is very clear, works as intended. The stock is a great looking piece with fine checkering and little bit of fiddleback shimmer. Magazine box internal length is 3.45 inches. Chambered in 300 Winchester Magnum, 24 inch barrel. Trigger is aftermarket of unknown make, stamped "Finland". Very crisp, clean break at 3.5 pounds. There is no rust and the blueing is 95%. Selling to help fund my Montana elk trip this fall.

Asking $1050 shipped to your FFL or $1000 face to face in Houston / College Station / Austin area. Cross listed on other forums, first written commitment get's it.

Link to high quality photos, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10WqBuwkE2NfYBqXHLOha-5ePXA9T3ya_?usp=sharing
IMG_0289.jpg

Bump, believe the trigger is a Sako as it is stamped "Finland". Fully adjustable.

Beautiful rifle in a great caliber. This is cheaper than most new 300 Win and ten times the gun than any factory made crap today. I gotta say, however, it looks like Helen Keller put that recoil pad on it! Easily fixed though. OP might want to think about that. I'm sure the improvement would make it much more marketable.

Beautiful rifle in a great caliber. This is cheaper than most new 300 Win and ten times the gun than any factory made crap today. I gotta say, however, it looks like Helen Keller put that recoil pad on it! Easily fixed though. OP might want to think about that. I'm sure the improvement would make it much more marketable.
I agree the butt pad definitely is not up to the high standards of the rest of the rifle, I'd rather let the new owner pick his preference of new butt pad though rather than pick one myself and spend money only to limit the audience of interest.

I agree the butt pad definitely is not up to the high standards of the rest of the rifle, I'd rather let the new owner pick his preference of new butt pad though rather than pick one myself and spend money only to limit the audience of interest.
Fair enough. The stock shape and checkering pattern are also unusual but extremely elegant in my opinion. I am surprised this hasn't sold.

Yes, the checkering especially is very well done at either 18 or 20 LPI. I tried to measure and had a tough time determining which due to the curvature in the patterns. The stock pattern is very nice to hand and comes up quickly to a solid cheek weld for a low scope.

IMG_0359.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is. Send me a PM with your phone number if you'd like more photos or to talk live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzfmdavis

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you