First step is done... now we have to wait

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
The first Safari is booked. The contract is signed...

The funny part of reading different reports, asking people for their experiences, looking at pictures,... is over, the first thrill is gone.

After receiving a few different offers we decided to hunt in South Africa this time.
Two guys for 7 days in the Limpopo area (somewhere around Gravelotte) hunting for a Buffalo and some Plains Game including Eland and Wildebeest...
The .404 Jeffery (for the first time) and the .416 Rigby (the second time) finally will be able to do wht they were built for :)

The Safari will take place next year in August, so it will be a tough time until then in sense of anticipation

Looking forward to all the hunting reports from this area from this year, mine will follow next year :)

Thx to AH for all the usefull info

Save hunting!

Hopefully you can do a better job than I. From the time I booked til the actual trip. I think I changed out rifles 3 or 4 times. Practice off of sticks and when the time comes you will be confident in your ability to make the shots! Good luck and looking forward to the report to follow!

Booked 2 years and 1 month in advance. Believe me when I say this, time will fly then stand still. As Inline6 said, practice and practice more. Shooting off sticks will seem very hard at the range but when the time comes, you'll feel comfortable putting shots out there.

Hopefully you can do a better job than I. From the time I booked til the actual trip. I think I changed out rifles 3 or 4 times. Practice off of sticks and when the time comes you will be confident in your ability to make the shots! Good luck and looking forward to the report to follow!

Well my rifle choice stands - "Helena" is definitely going to join me :)

Shooting using different kind of sticks is quite common in our hunting area while hunting wild boars or deer. Not with a .404 Jeff but with my 8x57 or 8x64S. All of them are Mauser 98 actions (original or from Dumoulin or MRC) so Iam used to the kind of action itself.
But of course you are right - I still have to train the shots with the .404 Jeff as often as possible

Don’t worry the thrill will be back when you book your second. my second has been booked for a little over a year now. Time will stand still for a while then it will go soaring by. Working on getting flights now. Grandson and I hit the range once a week and go hiking at least once a week as well.
IMG_9947.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacklynHan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)