First Buck in a few years

Bert01

AH senior member
Reaction score
With my boys (17 and 12) taking up my hunting time and my girls (7 and 5) already asking to go I haven't hunted much for myself in the last couple of years. When I have had time I just rushed out with my bow and picked a likely spot way in the back 40 away from anything my boys could hunt, so the results have been commensurate with the effort put in.

A friend of mine started putting us in for some of the public land draw hunts in SC and we got drawn this year. I shot this on the second morning about 7 am. 175 yds broadside, just forward of the shoulder blade. DRT with a 130 Speer btsp at 2930 from my mod 70 7mm-08.

18BC68C8-A56A-46EA-B40E-CEEC82F5F937.jpeg
DEEECE68-6B20-40C4-852E-40A171C8CA52.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done sir…

I don’t have kids to deal with but I get tied up guiding, so I feel your pain on having a lack of personal hunting time/opportunities.

Also excellent choice in rifle and caliber, when I get paired up with a client to guide and they pull out a 7mm-08 I know I’m dealing with a confident hunter.

Nicely done. I had the same experience when my son started hunting. Great that you were able to get a dad hunt in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoBla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.