Finally, my Heym 89b, 577 NE

Congratulations on a beautiful rifle!
I am about 12-18 months behind you on the delivery of my Heym 577. I look forward to your future posts on the load workup and results.
Happy hunting with that beast!

HH
Congrats to you as well. Looking forward to seeing how you configured yours.

Very good looking rifle FS and it is comforting that being a Heym it is mechanically up to it.
How long was the lead time in total?

I opened this topic to read and when the first photo downloaded I said oh snap! Beautiful rifle! I love that it isn't over the top with embellishments but that wood is fantastic! I also love the baby toy in the photo...hah. I hope you get at least 1 hunt with it. Any plans for using it?

An absolute piece of artwork.

A Heym double is a dream gun for most of us.

What would one of these set you back today new from the shop? Is the 577NE priced higher than other offerings ie 500NE, 470NE?

An absolute piece of artwork.

A Heym double is a dream gun for most of us.

What would one of these set you back today new from the shop? Is the 577NE priced higher than other offerings ie 500NE, 470NE?
The 577 does have a premium over the others. I’m about 18 months out on mine. I don’t know what the starting price is but mine is grade two with a few added option and it was over 40k. It is a match to my 450/400 with the same option was over 30k if that gives you any idea.

Congratulations on a beautiful rifle!
I am about 12-18 months behind you on the delivery of my Heym 577. I look forward to your future posts on the load workup and results.
Happy hunting with that beast!

HH
Congrats I should have my 577 about the same time or just behind yours. It shore seems like a lot of the new Heym 89b are being build in 577 nitro.

I don't see a lot of .577 components available. Is there a good source or random findings? I shoot a .577 BPE and don't see much brass around.

Very nice double. Like that it is tastefully color cased and minimal engraving. I hunt with a 577BPE double in 2018 but it was about 3 lbs lighter than yours. 577 puts a big hole in kritters. Look forward to seeing what your first hunt is with it.

Beautiful Double Frog Stealer. Cant wait to hear how it shoots. I would love to hear what your loads are when you find a few that regulate well. I have been on Chris about finding a supply of ammo and brass for the 577s if a few others get on him maybe we can have someone to keep a steady supply in the USA.

Just stunning! No better reason to own anything, than it's what you want. That wood is unbelievable! I'm very happy for you!

Congrats I should have my 577 about the same time or just behind yours. It shore seems like a lot of the new Heym 89b are being build in 577 nitro.
Like VC, the 89 was the only somewhat possibly affordable option for such a machine. I put the 577 above a hunt, perhaps even retirement ..

Well maybe all the 375 guys have realized that saying that is the equivalent to saying all you need is that portly somewhat homely looking gal sitting in the corner.
Rapier or battle axe. You can kill with elegance and style or bash them to death. :cool: I much prefer the former, but both work - though, I'll be somewhat less exhausted at the end of a long day. :V Sword Fight::V Axe: That said, you have a lovely rifle.

Last edited:
Excellent rifle! Well done. I have a somewhat similar build on order but only in 450-400. I’ve been able to wait patiently but seeing this makes me anxious. The last estimate I had on delivery was April 2024 but that would be just over two years so sounds like I have a bit more waiting to do.

Absolutely…or similar to getting into the ring with a heavyweight boxer. When I visited Chris (Heym USA) in Dallas, I shot a few doubles, an 88 and 89 in .577 and .470, respectively. Chris had me shoot a tree stump partially submerged in a river with the .577, so much fun seeing water shoot up into the air that high. The only thing that stopped me was feeling bad about how much money it was costing him per shot.
That would be a nice visit, they do seem like great people. .. How was the 577? subjective question .. if you care to share. Even 88 vs 89?

Beauty for something not so upgraded! Look forward to your range report.

I'm already exhausted by days end. Tags still on it, in the event I have to try selling. It is the finest fit I've owned, however.
That 89 seems pretty upgraded, to me? ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you