Fill this Rifle Gap

Just bought a Hannibal 500 A Square. Love it, but don’t think it’s for me. Think I shoulda went with my first choice of a 416 Rem Mag

Just bought a Hannibal 500 A Square. Love it, but don’t think it’s for me. Think I shoulda went with my first choice of a 416 Rem Mag
If you decide to sell it, maybe @krish would be interested. I don't think he has one yet.

To clarify your confusion, it's a .243 Whelen. LOL
@CoElkHunter
Mate you is gitten sillier the older you're getting.
iIt would be a 6mm 06 or belt less 240 Weatherby.
The Whelen is a Whelen or the tower of power used by God hisselself the great colonel.
Bob

Now I need to go and have a lie down........

o_O
gumpy
@Grumpy gumpy
Don't worry about @CoElkHunter ravings mate he must be off his medication again. He still thinks the 338WM like the 243 is actually useful. I thought when he got his 25-06 he was doing well finally but he must have had a relapse. Probably sniffing H4350 again.. Don't worry he will be fine when he finally gets hisselself a Whelen.
Bob

Would make a good kids deer gun?
Yes a quarter bore makes a great kids rifle. My first deer was with a 257 Roberts in a No 1.

I’ve got multiple 257 Roberts now, a couple 250-3000 Savages, a 25-06 and a 257 Weatherby. The Weatherby is normally the first gun out of the safe for most anything in the US.

I think the 318WR is pretty unique. You’ve already got it covered with the 7x57 but maybe a .275 Rigby.

Last edited:
@Aaron N Your assumption is in the ball park could be a K less or a LOT more depending on the components chosen. Send me a PM and we can set up a call to talk about your project.

@CoElkHunter
Mate you is gitten sillier the older you're getting.
iIt would be a 6mm 06 or belt less 240 Weatherby.
The Whelen is a Whelen or the tower of power used by God hisselself the great colonel.
Bob
With a double radius shoulder? Keeps me young(er) Bob. LOL

My grandson and grandaughter both use my Ruger RSI in 250-3000 for deer. My grandaughter likes it better than her 243. Girl has good sense.
@MS 9x56
A girl just like he grandaddy. A person of great taste and brains to go with it
Bib

I can't imagen being without my 250-3000s in a deer and even an elk camp..You have elk and up covered..but your missing the soft voice and mild push of the 250 that kills beyond it ballistic chart..

You definitely need to fill the gap between the .375 H&H and the 450/400 with a bolt action.

.404 Jeffery
.416 Rigby

It may be more of an action gap than a caliber gap.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyRav

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.