Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history. Philosophy. Art."

"A king may move a man. A father may claim a son. But remember that even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus.' Or that, 'Virtue was not convenient at the time.' This will not suffice."

"Never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it twice".

1000022651.jpg

"I'm too old to be afraid and too old to care".

"In the end, we will only conserve what we love. We will love only what we understand: And we will understand only what we have experienced"

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science” - Albert Einstein

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, co-operate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein.

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt" Julius Ceaser = "men generally believe what they want to believe.”

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein"

Jagd ohne Hund ist Schund! "

"On préfère la brousse, n'est-ce pas?"

"No matter how confident a government’s assurances may be, or how persistently it may dissuade its citizenry from attempting to solve their own problems, or how suffocating its blanket of regulations may become, there will eventually come a day when the power goes out, a hurricane or tornado appears, the police are busy, or a wildfire threatens – and government help is nowhere to be found.And when that time comes, everyone has a choice to make. Do you meekly accept the situation in accordance with your government-mandated helplessness? Or do you and those you know and trust take matters into your own hands − do you turn and head into the fire? "

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” - T. Roosevelt

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Ultreïa! Every morning we take the path, Every morning we go further. Day after day, the road calls us It is the voice of Compostela. Go further! Go further! And go higher! God helps us! Ultreïa!

Saint Hubert is my favourite saint. Through his accomplishments and work in different fields he is named the the patron saint of:archers, hunters, dogbreeders, houndsmen, mathematicians, metal workers, forest workers, smelters, precision instruments, optics, & trapping.He also managed to have 3 military orders formed in his honor, a town in Saskatchewan named after him and his personal crest on every bottle of Jägermeister.

This Is The Hunters Badge Of Glory ,
That He Protect And Tend His Quarry
And Hunt With Honor As Is Due ,
And Through The Beast To The Lord Be True .
Weapons Of War Are By Hatred Run
Yet Love For Game Fires Our Gun .
Therefore Ponder Your Daily Bread ,
Did Your Game Not Suffer Dread ?
Guard Game From Man And Beast Alike ,
Make Brief It's Death, Make Sure Your Strike
Be Outside Rough Yet Mild Inside
And The Badge Of Glory Pure Abide!

in case an elephant charges, - ‘Quando omni flunkus, moritati’"

Would you rather die with your dreams, or with your memories?

"Cattle die, kinsmen die
you yourself die;
One thing now,
that never dies
the fame of a dead man's deeds"

'with affection, "all men, especially hunters, are selfish liars" - Agnes Herbert
If u gonna be dumb u gotta be tough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.