Mack

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Hunted
Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Texas, Tajikistan, S Africa, Zim, Philippines, NZ, Aussie, Canada , Alaska, Malaysia, Palau
Arthur stone of Blackstone Safaris sold this to us what’s your opinion it’s a faux Rhino we know and I know my opinion ????

3641C39A-4F3E-4829-A5ED-1EDAB5EBF48E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is one massive mount. Will you have to reinforce the wall to support the weight?

Congrats on your purchase. ..........FWB

Horn is not proportion to the head mistaken mount huh

Looks pretty good for a faux. The skin is a little smooth, particularly the face. I originally thought the horn was angled too far forward, but I did google some images and found that to be completely plausible. The horn does look a bit too smooth or too strong of grey paint. I think that could be touched up

Well, if that is a real horn, I trust you have a good rider on your insurance and a quality security system. An armed guard or two might also be helpful.

If it is real , it is in direct proportion to the SCI world record

Don't know if you want a real opinion or a congrats but I have seen a few Repo Rhino both Black & White, these with Hippo, Elephant & maybe Walrus could easily be confused with the real thing & I think better looking in most cases, because capes can be damaged in transport & handling .

Good option now days, with less import/export hassle .

I think you could find a better mount if you wanted to !

Last edited:
Second horn looks small, with a big horn on the front.
But I think it looks good !
Congrats ! Will be a nice display !

More importantly did you bag a rhino and if so post photos of that please!

If you are asking for opinions on what we think of the mount itself- it looks a little "plastic" to me but it could be worked on more to make it look more real without too much effort. The front horn does look extremely long but if it's real, then congrats. If its part of the replica mount, maybe cutting it down would help the look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlejandroM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.