Fausti Express Double Rifle - thoughts please

I too have a Fausti shotgun and am very pleased with it. A couple of thoughts on a 30-06? You might check and see if it has a provision to be scoped. Assuming you can find or develop a load that regulates, it would be nice to use a 30-06 as it was intended rather than a stopping rifle for javelina.

The 06 barrels on my Blaser S2 both shoot sub-MOA and a composite 2-inch group at 100 yards with 180 gr TSX loads. I sight in on the right barrel giving me first shot accuracy equal to any other 06 regardless of design and a second shot only a MOA or so off depending on range. Of course, it is designed to be scoped. In that configuration it has taken quite a few different PG.

If the Fausti can be scoped, you could have both a fun and useful rifle.
Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.

Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.
That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?

That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?
None that I know of. However, I’m sure if I looked hard enough I’d find someone.
I have been considering putting in an order for a BB97. But the wait time and expense are both considerable. The BB97 would probably be 3 to 4 times the price of the Fausti….but I guess “buy once, cry once “ is a good philosophy ….mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhMcKel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani