Fausti Express Double Rifle - thoughts please

I too have a Fausti shotgun and am very pleased with it. A couple of thoughts on a 30-06? You might check and see if it has a provision to be scoped. Assuming you can find or develop a load that regulates, it would be nice to use a 30-06 as it was intended rather than a stopping rifle for javelina.

The 06 barrels on my Blaser S2 both shoot sub-MOA and a composite 2-inch group at 100 yards with 180 gr TSX loads. I sight in on the right barrel giving me first shot accuracy equal to any other 06 regardless of design and a second shot only a MOA or so off depending on range. Of course, it is designed to be scoped. In that configuration it has taken quite a few different PG.

If the Fausti can be scoped, you could have both a fun and useful rifle.
Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.

Yes, the rifle comes with a 30mm set of rings. If I throw the dice and buy her…. and if I can get a composite group of 2” at 50 yards… I’ll probably set her up similarly to how you have your 06 barrels on the S2. I think my decision may come down to the toss of a coin.
That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?

That is excellent.

There are a couple of very talented people in this country who will work up a load for a double. It is a rare one that proves too difficult. Anyone offer that service in Oz?
None that I know of. However, I’m sure if I looked hard enough I’d find someone.
I have been considering putting in an order for a BB97. But the wait time and expense are both considerable. The BB97 would probably be 3 to 4 times the price of the Fausti….but I guess “buy once, cry once “ is a good philosophy ….mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AurelioBri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.