AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC and SCI
Hunted
South Africa/Zimbabwe
For Sale: Factory Engraved Gedaco Boxlock Drilling 16 gauge over 8x57 $2,200.00 plus shipping.

Description:
Beaded blade front and flip up rear sights on the matted solid rib, bands of engraving at the breech, 1927 dated German proofs, choke constrictions of .038/.038 inches, and 2 2/3inch chambers with extractor. The coin finished boxlock action displays game scenes on the left and right with scroll on the balance and features double trigger (front is a single set), Greener style safety, bushed firing pins, cocking indicators, and tang mounted selector. Nicely figured, multi-point checkered forend and pistol grip stock with raised cheekpiece, rear sling swivel, engraved coin cartridge trap, and horn grip cap and buttplate. Length of pull 14 1/8 inches. Weight 7 lbs. 1 oz.

IMG_4449.jpg
IMG_4448.jpg
IMG_4447 (1).jpg
IMG_4446 (1).jpg
IMG_4445 (1).jpg
IMG_4444 (1).jpg
IMG_4443 (1).jpg
IMG_4442 (1).jpg
IMG_4441 (1).jpg
IMG_4440 (1).jpg
IMG_4439 (1).jpg
IMG_4438 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
26 1/2 to be exact.

@Joel Rouvaldt If this gun is on face and is fully functional, barrels are good, solder is good. I will take it.

Does the rear sight pop up when the rifle barrel is engaged?

Last edited:
SOLD, thank you for the nice comments!

Joel is a really nice guy and very easy to do business with. He has other stuff listed, I would not worry a bit about doing a transaction with him.
Bob

Damn, I missed this.. I have been on the hunt for a drilling like this. Congrats to whoever got this beautiful gun! If you want to sell it let me know 1st! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.