Emirates increase flights to Zambia and Zimbabwe

On my recent trip to Harare on Emirates, we stopped in Lusaka both going and coming between Dubai.

On my recent trip to Harare on Emirates, we stopped in Lusaka both going and coming between Dubai.
Hi Buck. I leave in 7 days and will fly that exact route. Any tips or observations to share regarding COVID test requirements for the AUE or Zimbabwe? Or anything else for that matter.

Hi Buck. I leave in 7 days and will fly that exact route. Any tips or observations to share regarding COVID test requirements for the AUE or Zimbabwe? Or anything else for that matter.

I flew IAD-DXB-HRE on Emirates back in July. We needed a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure for Zim.

On the way back, we got tested the day before we flew out and had our results same day. We arranged the test through our hotel in vic falls.

We had a long layover in Dubai, so left the airport for some sightseeing. Upon arriving in DXB, the UAE requires people coming from Zim to get another test. It's right by the gate and free. We went out and did our sightseeing, got a text a few hours later that our tests came back negative.

Reentering the USA, we have global entry. Just scanned passports and right through. Never even asked us for our covid tests.

I flew IAD-DXB-HRE on Emirates back in July. We needed a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure for Zim.

On the way back, we got tested the day before we flew out and had our results same day. We arranged the test through our hotel in vic falls.

We had a long layover in Dubai, so left the airport for some sightseeing. Upon arriving in DXB, the UAE requires people coming from Zim to get another test. It's right by the gate and free. We went out and did our sightseeing, got a text a few hours later that our tests came back negative.

Reentering the USA, we have global entry. Just scanned passports and right through. Never even asked us for our covid tests.

Yep same experience although the "48 hrs" before Zim seems open to interpretation as it whether it's 48 from departure or actually 48 from arrival. Several government websites to include the UK cite 48 hrs from departure. We had ours before leaving and with the forced overnight layover in Dubai, I think we were over 48 hrs from arrival in Zim but under 48 hrs from departure. We paid $100 to have someone walk us through Zim Customs and it was worth every nickel!! That was the most ridiculous immigration process I have ever seen in my travels getting into Zim. Again, I was happy to have paid the $100 for a walk through.

Also got our test through a private doctor going out with results in 4 hrs. They checked those tests at least 5 times leaving Zim at the airport. Upon arrival in Dubai you are mandatory to get an UAE test also done right at the airport but no problems. We elected to do a lay over in Dubai and did the desert dinner safari gig. No one checked our Covid test upon checking in for the last leg in Dubai but preassembly bc the govt there already had our tests. I'm not sure. No one checked anything and I mean nothing to include US Customs when we landed.

Yep same experience although the "48 hrs" before Zim seems open to interpretation as it whether it's 48 from departure or actually 48 from arrival. Several government websites to include the UK cite 48 hrs from departure. We had ours before leaving and with the forced overnight layover in Dubai, I think we were over 48 hrs from arrival in Zim but under 48 hrs from departure. We paid $100 to have someone walk us through Zim Customs and it was worth every nickel!! That was the most ridiculous immigration process I have ever seen in my travels getting into Zim. Again, I was happy to have paid the $100 for a walk through.

Also got our test through a private doctor going out with results in 4 hrs. They checked those tests at least 5 times leaving Zim at the airport. Upon arrival in Dubai you are mandatory to get an UAE test also done right at the airport but no problems. We elected to do a lay over in Dubai and did the desert dinner safari gig. No one checked our Covid test upon checking in for the last leg in Dubai but preassembly bc the govt there already had our tests. I'm not sure. No one checked anything and I mean nothing to include US Customs when we landed.

Agreed. We also had a guy take us through customs and immigration in Harare. I highly recommend this. In addition to cutting in front of all the lines, he made the whole rifle and ammunition import process as painless as possible.

Our guy, named Knowledge, is actually a Ministry of Defense employee, which seemed to give him more clout too. He also helped us through on departure with getting guns rechecked and everything.

Thanks guys. Very helpful. Charlton McCallum has arranged for a government employee to walk us through immigration. Hopefully we'll have the same good outcome as you did. Our COVID tests will be dated within 48 hours of us leaving he States, so if I read your posts right, we should be good.

Thanks guys. Very helpful. Charlton McCallum has arranged for a government employee to walk us through immigration. Hopefully we'll have the same good outcome as you did. Our COVID tests will be dated within 48 hours of us leaving he States, so if I read your posts right, we should be good.

These were the sources I found but there is other very confusing stuff out about 14 day Q if coming from countries with the Delta variant etc. Your guy meeting you will be able to smooth anything over :)

Testing/screening on arrival​

Tourists, residents and citizens entering Zimbabwe must possess a negative COVID-19 test result, issued no more than 48 hours before their departure to Zimbabwe.

Entry restrictions
Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.