Elephant Stew

1 Elephant
2 Rabbits (optional)
Salt and Pepper

Cut Elephant into bite sized pieces.
Add enough brown gravy to cover.
Cook over hot fire for 3 weeks.
This recipe serves 380 people.
If more are expected, the two rabbits may be added but do this only if necessary as most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

I think you could add another zero behind how many people it would feed, before adding the rabbits;)

Elephant tastes good but like the recipe says you might want to boil it for several weeks to get it to a point where it can be eaten!

Elephant trunk is the delicacy of African Kings... Shaka, Lobengula etc. We skin it, clean it and well boil a chunk for about 8 to 12 hrs. Use Garlic and salt and whatever spices you like...Once it cools it has the same consistency of Tongue. And very good eating it is too! Thinly sliced on sandwiches with Mustard is great!!

The trunk from my elephant was given to the regional chief. Shot early in the morning right after sunrise... Got up to the mid 40's Celsius, no refrigeration of course, loaded on a truck to take it to him about 3PM, another 2.5 to 3 hours to get it there....

If you don't have rabbits, add 3 bricks, once cooked throw out the elephant meat and eat the bricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VIRKaley87

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross