Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
eBay.com Rejects U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Science

It has come to our attention that the online auction site eBay has apparently taken it upon itself to enforce its own interpretation of the Endangered Species Act. SCI would like to make you, your friends, chapter members and ALL hunters aware of a policy statement that eBay recently posted in response to a query about auctioning an Idaho governor's wolf tag.

The following email, in which eBay stated it that considers "all wolves within the U.S. as endangered, regardless of their actual designation," came directly from an eBay.com customer representative.

Letter from eBay

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to listing your charitable item. In general, hunts for non-endangered animal species are permitted on eBay. However, eBay has made the decision to treat all wolves within the U.S. as endangered, regardless of their actual designation. As a result, you will not be able to list your wolf hunt on eBay. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. To find out more about our policy, visit: Animals and wildlife products policy. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.
Sincerely,
Rolf
eBay Customer Support

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

..At first this really agitated me but after second thoughts I have a differing opinion! I'm by no means a e-bay fan nor user. I truly think their reasoning could be that if you ban all the hunts of wolves there will be no problems . With the changing of the Wolf status ( seems like every other day) this keeps their noses clean as some one would have to really be up on the current regulations of each state etc to protect not only themselves but the buyer also. It should be buyer beware, but the way the court system is now a day it could easily fall back on e-bay!!
>>>Being an SCI member it saddens me some what that not allowing this hunt prevents some one from huntin, but until the tree huggers & goody 2 shoes leave the wolf management to the States & hunters this will be a touchy subject!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
niljohn67

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….