DOH Airport Qatar Lounges

No room at any lounge our last trip through. 9 hour layover. No room available at the oryx. Found a deserted part of the terminal and laid down on the floor in a corner, until I was awakened and told to get off of the floor and into a chair. Was 3 in the morning Was exhausted as this was our return trip. Wife thought I was going to a middle eastern prison when I finished giving the busybody my opinion of him. Never again for me. I just go through the ATL into JNB. Not as glamorous but Quickest way to get there. Not that laying on the floor at 3 am is that glamorous

I stayed at the Oryx hotel a month ago. Went to the business lounge had a meal, took a shower at the hotel, slept for 6 hours, another shower and then went to the gate.

In regard to buses to and from the airplane, they rank as the most comfortable buses I have ever been on. :D

1700345972447.jpeg

No room at any lounge our last trip through. 9 hour layover. No room available at the oryx. Found a deserted part of the terminal and laid down on the floor in a corner, until I was awakened and told to get off of the floor and into a chair. Was 3 in the morning Was exhausted as this was our return trip. Wife thought I was going to a middle eastern prison when I finished giving the busybody my opinion of him. Never again for me. I just go through the ATL into JNB. Not as glamorous but Quickest way to get there. Not that laying on the floor at 3 am is that glamorous
I am guessing you flew economy? Were you not able to book a lounge or room ahead of time?

I stayed at the Oryx hotel a month ago. Went to the business lounge had a meal, took a shower at the hotel, slept for 6 hours, another shower and then went to the gate.

In regard to buses to and from the airplane, they rank as the most comfortable buses I have ever been on. :D

View attachment 570141
I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to get on the business bus! I've missed it every time they had one.

My group and I will have a pretty short layover in DOH next year. We are going to try to make it to the new Al Mourjan Garden Lounge for a very short visit. It is the newest one.

I am guessing you flew economy? Were you not able to book a lounge or room ahead of time?
Economy , yes. The wife asked if I wanted to book the Oryx ahead of time, and I declined. Thought we would just relax in one of the lounges. She tried to book a lounge ahead of time, but apparently not far enough ahead. No room. Can’t believe how crazy busy that airport is.

Something about my frugal upbringing prevents me from ever flying business or first class. I will upgrade to premium Economy plus.

Economy , yes. The wife asked if I wanted to book the Oryx ahead of time, and I declined. Thought we would just relax in one of the lounges. She tried to book a lounge ahead of time, but apparently not far enough ahead. No room. Can’t believe how crazy busy that airport is.

Something about my frugal upbringing prevents me from ever flying business or first class. I will upgrade to premium Economy plus
I am sorry y'all had a rough go of it. Next time listen to the wife! You could have been swimming in the indoor pool, having a fancy dinner, or just sleeping in a comfy bed () instead of roughing it in the airport.
Seriously, when flying economy on any airline you have to make plans for what is available to you. Longes, hotels, and/or showers can change the entire trip.

Oh, don’t I know it. I have just never had any trouble getting into a lounge before, and we got right in on the trip over. Had no idea we couldn’t do the same on the return trip.

That being said, I collected another story. Wouldn’t have happened if I was all fat and sassy in the lounge. It’s all about collecting stories.

Oh, don’t I know it. I have just never had any trouble getting into a lounge before, and we got right in on the trip over. Had no idea we couldn’t do the same on the return trip.

That being said, I collected another story. Wouldn’t have happened if I was all fat and sassy in the lounge. It’s all about collecting stories.
It's too late now but you could have got out of the airport grab a taxi and go to a chain hotel like Marriott or Hilton. It's totally doable if the layover is 8 hours or more and there are hotels at 10 minute ride distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.