Discounted Leopard Hunt South Africa 2015

JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
One of my south African hunting outfitters has a coveted tag available for a Leopard in RSA. South Africa is known for producing some big cats. Hunting pressure is low and cats tend to respond very well to baits.

Fly into and out of Johannesburg for pick up. This is a baited hunt, 14 days long. After you take your Leopard you can go after plains game in the area on a trophy fee basis.

Regular price on this hunt is $28,000, the hunt has been discounted to $22,000 +VAT on DR. Daily rates are $14,000, Leopard Trophy Fee is $8,000.

Leopard trophy fee will be refunded is a cat is not taken.

Outfitter prefers zebra and impala for bait, $700 and 250 respectively. Pre-baiting can be arranged for a nominal cost.

Available dates for the hunt are
11 - 24 May 2015
07 - 20 August 2015

If you are interested please let me know ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent deal!

James, I know there are few tags handed out.
Does this Outfitter have some cat history?

One of my outfitters has a coveted tag available for a leopard in RSA. South Africa is known for producing some big cats. Hunting pressure is low and cats tend to respond very well to baits.

Fly into and out of Johannesburg for pick up. This is a baited hunt, 14 days long. After you take your leopard you can go after plains game in the area on a trophy fee basis.

Regular price on this hunt is $28,000, the hunt has been discounted to $22,000+VAT on DR. Daily rates are $14,000, leopard TF is $8,000.

Leopard trophy fee will be refunded is a cat is not taken.

Outfitter prefers zebra and impala for bait , $700 and 250 respectively.
Pre-baiting can be arranged for a nominal cost.

Available dates for the hunt are

11 - 24 May 2015

07 - 20 August 2015

If you are interested please let me know ASAP.

James, why are daily rates for leopard $1000 per day? Not a complaint, I am still learning the ropes here. I am sure there is a reason!

James, why are daily rates for leopard $1000 per day? Not a complaint, I am still learning the ropes here. I am sure there is a reason!

DANGEROUS GAME

Got it, thanks. I know the Big 5. Are hippo and croc in the same category?

Anything that can bite you or kill you is Dangerous Game.

This should demonstrate why the day rate is $1000 per day.

brickburn, do you have the one of the guys that shot the leopard that burst out of the bushes at like two feet? haha

Also the amount of work involved in "securing" a quality Tom it is 6 mountains worth of work, time, fuel...

My best always

Yep, putting your PH and yourself in harms way with the dangerous game does drive the price up.

The outfitter has a good track record with cats and he specializes in dangerous game in the Kruger area.

Also the amount of work involved in "securing" a quality Tom it is 6 mountains worth of work, time, fuel...

My best always

Come on, Leopard walk around in herds like Impala in Limpopo and Mpumalanga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.