Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF, DU, SCI
Hunted
Botswana
This is a last minute post, but is anyone going to the Denver Expo this week? I'm going to head down tomorrow Thursday to avoid some of the weekend crowds.

I thought about it until I saw the weather forecast and what they road might look like from the Western Slope into Denver.

I'd definitely take the muntjac over the show. Have a great trip and hope to see the report and pics.

I thought about it until I saw the weather forecast and what they road might look like from the Western Slope into Denver.
Yup. Gonna be a nasty day. I take light rail from Parker. Spent many hunting successful seasons up Coffee Pot road out of Dotsero.

Yup. Gonna be a nasty day. I take light rail from Parker. Spent many hunting successful seasons up Coffee Pot road out of Dotsero.
That's a nice place for grouse. I need to get back up there after them and try some fishing in Blue Lake, it's suppose to have some nice bookies in it.

That's a nice place for grouse. I need to get back up there after them and try some fishing in Blue Lake, it's suppose to have some nice bookies in it.
I was up there with my family when the canyon fire broke out a few years ago. Didn't get any fishing done. Got down quick and had to get back home over cottonwood pass.
I've only fished deep lake a little.

Did you hear about the Greyhound bus that tore out his oil pan when the driver thought that Coffee Pot road would get him around one of the closures after the fire?

If you went over Cottonwood Pass you drove right past my house in Gypsum.

We hunted deer and elk there 1980-1994. Camp was 13 miles up the road, good hunting on the ridges to the west. Also hiked down Broken Rib trail by the spring all the way down, across French creek (or Grizzly Creek, I forget which). We also hiked and hunted all the way to I-70 before the Bair Ranch rest area was there. Tough hunts, good memories, great friends. Most have since passed.

Did you hear about the Greyhound bus that tore out his oil pan when the driver thought that Coffee Pot road would get him around one of the closures after the fire?

If you went over Cottonwood Pass you drove right past my house in Gypsum.
I had forgotten but yes I do now.
The wonders of GPS. I had been over cottonwood before but my GPS wanted me to use a fire road that came over red tables instead that day.

No guts, no glory Jim. LOL

I'll be there Saturday. I haven't been in a couple of years.

No guts, no glory Jim. LOL

I've been over those passes before and had to use a pry bar to get my fingers off of the steering wheel.

The last time was just 2 years ago. Snow all the way to the airport to get my 4457 done. I left home at 5 am and got to the CBP at 10 am. If I didn't have another appointment down there in the afternoon I would of stayed home.

I've been over those passes before and had to use a pry bar to get my fingers off of the steering wheel.

The last time was just 2 years ago. Snow all the way to the airport to get my 4457 done. I left home at 5 am and got to the CBP at 10 am. If I didn't have another appointment down there in the afternoon I would of stayed home.
Yes, I remember you telling me that. As a side note, we went to the Ice Castles in Cripple Creek last night. Pretty brutal at 11 degrees up there at 9,500ft. Roads were clear though for the most part.

We're going to freeze our gonads off tomorrow heading to the show. At least I'm not driving this time. LOL

I don't think that you could pay me enough to be on I-25 tomorrow from what the rubber heads on the news are saying.

We're going to freeze our gonads off tomorrow heading to the show. At least I'm not driving this time. LOL
Where are you coming in from? I'm in Parker and usually take light rail - driving and parking in Denver too much of a hassle.

Where are you coming in from? I'm in Parker and usually take light rail - driving and parking in Denver too much of a hassle.
The Springs. We took the light rail once several years ago. It was on a Sunday though and one of the rail lines didn't operate on Sunday. We had to get off and then on to another line. It took us three hours to get there. I can drive it in a little over an hour without bad roads and park near Coor's Field and then take the shuttle to the Convention Center. My buddy is driving tomorrow though.

One of my hunting/fishing buddies has a family situation and had to bail. A friend has a radio show, Sportsman of Colorado, and left a couple tix for me at will call so I'm debating if the weather is worth fighting.

One of my hunting/fishing buddies has a family situation and had to bail. A friend has a radio show, Sportsman of Colorado, and left a couple tix for me at will call so I'm debating if the weather is worth fighting.
I'm only going tomorrow because my hunting buddy has to make a final payment to an outfitter there for his upcoming Newfoundland moose hunt in October and he's driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yinengyul5033

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!