Dande vs. Bubye vs. Save: Where would you hunt buffalo?

I hunted my buffalo in the Save. It was very much a proper hunt. Hunting among the big 5 along the way with abundant plains game as well. Unless they have shut some of it down it is closer to 1,000k acres. I can't speak with any personal knowledge to the other two areas. I don't think you can go wrong with a buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe just different experiences depending on the area you chose.

For sure I also prefer areas with no locals......
Part of the Dande is communal and part is reserve, with no people or livestock. I hunted both. I encountered villagers once. Not a big deal: it’s big country.

I hunted buffalo in Bubye, but can’t comment on Save or Dande.

We saw plenty of buffalo in Bubye and as has been mentioned, it’s almost 1,500 square miles, so it’s more than a bit disingenuous to call it a ‘fenced area’ although that’s technically true. There were lots of buffalo but i was looking for a ’scrum cap’ which took a couple of weeks to find. Hunting is mostly traditional - find tracks by water and follow them - but spot and stalk also works. There was no shortage of buffalo when I was there. There was also plenty of plains game and so many lions that it gave walking and tracking a certain thrill!

My hunt report is on the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?