Media
Am I the only one?

You lost me.
Crickets???
Fish bait,
Food (human?),
Game,
??

Silence. As in, no new posts on the things I follow.

I have to admit: I got home from church and saw DeSantis dropped out (a bit surprised) and endorsed Trump (surprised/disappointed) and... nothing on the politics thread? :oops::unsure:

Looks like it’s been closed

I have never opened the politics thread since being a member on this forum. Not once. American voters (of which I am one) are generally speaking hopeless. Blind partisinism makes a mockery of democracy.

I never comment one way or the other on the thread, although I have opinions. Apparently, it’s been decided that we, as GROWN ASS MEN, shouldn’t be subjected to the bickering and vitriol in the thread. Sad

If it really is closed, that makes me sad. And I confess: I made a few pointed comments at a specific member recently. For that I apologize, if it contributed to it being shut down. Frankly, I found it to be a great source of information, particularly with regards to international affairs. There are a number of members on here who are so much more knowledgeable than me, and it was nice to read the thoughts, opinions, and experiences of those who were willing to share on those subjects that fit under the umbrella of "politics."

Despite the toxicity at times, I did enjoy learning from the input of other members; particularly when related to geopolitical topics and came from members who've seen much more of the world than I have. That being said, don't be surprised if you see a noticeable improvement of the site's performance in the near future. Knowing what i do about website architecture, keeping up with the updates and indexing of such a long running thread has probably been one of the biggest loads on the backend server(s).

Like other fellow members I’ve self-imposed a restriction on posting in that particular thread, but I‘ve read darn near every post and learned a ton in the process. I really appreciate the folks that make regular informative posts there.
Given some of the heated comments recently there may be a couple time-outs in effect and the thread is probably locked for a “bit of time for reflection” ;)
I really hope we get it opened back up and folks will exercise the appropriate amount of decorum. It’s a valuable resource I’ve come to enjoy.

Honestly, if we are going to shut an entire thread down due to the inability of a few to control themselves, I’m going to give serious consideration to my future participation.

To whomever this concerns: if there is a chance of that thread being reopened, for myself I promise not to post comments of a dubious nature going forward, or at least do my very best to refrain.

Last edited:
No no no, that can't be happening!

I understand it that we are off riding our new Harley so we can't be on AH much less the Politics thread.

I for one am assuming it will be opened back up as soon as the Harleys are back in the garage tonight;)

BTW @PHOENIX PHIL this is what Harley riding looks like in Minnesota this time of year;

You have to look at her beautiful eyes to see the big smile on @Just Gina
20210130_185715.jpg
20210130_185706.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_204409_Chrome.jpg

I'm hoping it's only a time out. I enjoyed the thread though rarely posted there as I don't have the global geopolitical knowledge base to formulate a coherent opinion. I did read most threads, though learned there was a name or two that I would only gloss over.

Is this the new political thread? Seems we have been censored from having the old one. Maybe Trudeau’s new censorship laws cover this site also.
:E Temper Tantrum:

You do realize as an adult you have VOLUNTARILY entered into an agreement when you participate on AH?
If you do not like the agreement you FREELY entered, please make an alternate choice.

https://www.africahunting.com/help/terms/

Terms and rules​

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

The Politics thread has been unlocked.

AH is a wonderful opportunity for like minded individuals who have both a hunting and conservation approach towards hunting and ethical practices. I like many have a disdain for both politics and politicians. There are many forums that allow for political debate, this would seem to be an area that would promote mutual interest in hunting and conservation. I am in my mid 60s and do not own a Harley, perhaps this would be a good time to look for a two wheeler.

Has anyone ever seen a millennial on a Harley?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caseycarpets

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.