COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Toilet paper is out at SAM's but there is plenty of food at SAM's. A large number of you are not applying your high school biology. The use of toilet paper is in direct proportion to the intake of food.

World: arrgh we are becoming infected and its spreading....

Canada: hold my beer ;)

Research team has isolated the COVID-19 virus
March 12, 2020

researchers.jpg

Pictured left to right: Dr. Robert Kozak, Dr. Samira Mubareka, Dr. Arinjay Banerjee

A team of researchers from Sunnybrook, McMaster University(opens in a new window) and the University of Toronto(opens in a new window) has isolated severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the agent responsible for the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19.

Thanks to nimble collaboration, the team was able to culture the virus from two clinical specimens in a Level 3 containment facility.

“We need key tools to develop solutions to this pandemic. While the immediate response is crucial, longer-term solutions come from essential research into this novel virus,” said Dr. Samira Mubareka, microbiologist and infectious diseases physician at Sunnybrook.

The isolated virus will help researchers in Canada and across the world develop better diagnostic testing, treatments and vaccines, and gain a better understanding of SARS-CoV-2 biology, evolution and clinical shedding.

“Researchers from these world-class institutions came together in a grassroots way to successfully isolate the virus in just a few short weeks,” said Dr. Rob Kozak, clinical microbiologist at Sunnybrook. “It demonstrates the amazing things that can happen when we collaborate.”

Dr. Arinjay Banerjee, NSERC post-doctoral fellow at McMaster University, said he knows the collaboration won’t stop there.

“Now that we have isolated the SARS-CoV-2 virus, we can share this with other researchers and continue this teamwork,” he said. “The more viruses that are made available in this way, the more we can learn, collaborate and share.”

Congratulations to Dr. Samira Mubareka and Dr. Rob Kozak of Sunnybrook and University of Toronto; Dr. Arinjay Banerjee and Dr. Karen Mossman of McMaster University.

With gratitude to the CL3 team and Biosafety Officers.

https://sunnybrook.ca/research/medi...pdJ4qb20UnafP69e-aVx9ADcgNJ7BgKJ8CnIq7-NiciEg

Calling my stockbroker...buy window closing...

I guess no one is thinking about that here in the states many cattle producers have been vaccinating cattle for years for Corona Virus. ????? I’m no chemist but I would think there is a good starting point for a human vaccine there.

Bovilis Corona Virus is the drug.

https://www.drugs.com/vet/bovilis-coronavirus.html

Last edited by a moderator:
China, is now blaming the U.S Army for bringing the Coronavirus to Wuhan.

The Army didn't have a recruiting booth at the live market in Wuhan?

I guess no one is thinking about that here in the states many cattle producers have been vaccinating cattle for years for Corona Virus. ????? I’m no chemist but I would think there is a good starting point for a human vaccine there.

Not quite. The little beasts are rather specific.
If you're bored, ....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK8174/

Who needs toilet paper, when you have a good ass blaster. Nothing like a good blast of ice water this time of year.

The local Dillons grocery store by my house and the local Wal Mart here in Wichita as of right now:
IMG_8466.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

That's me out of circulation for the duration.
My mum is 90 yo, has heart & lung problems & my brother is seriously ill with another problem, so my primary task is keeping mum safe.
I've enough food to go 3 months barring fresh produce for both of us & her place is well away from what passes for civilisation, so the best I can do is shop once a week after 20:00 as the stores are pretty empty by then & use nitrile gloves & alcohol wipes on pretty much everything I might touch.
Cancelled my trip to Oregon in May & put my plains game plans back to 2021.
UK government too damn' slow at closing things down & we're STILL accepting flights from Italy, Spain, ROK & China...

There's a hell of a buying opportunity coming and not only on Wall Street. There'll be some real bargains on hunts too.(y) Steady as she goes, boys & girls. :)

IMG_5008.jpg

China, is now blaming the U.S Army for bringing the Coronavirus to Wuhan.

Commie liars.

It's time to get even with China, and ship the Democrats over there.
I wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy... We can deal with the dems, after all they are a problem we created by becoming complacent. Again, sending dems to China I believe would classify as an act of war!

Update: the wife is out doing her regular shopping. Plenty of toilet paper at the stores including Costco.

I”ll disclose the addresses for a fee of $100.

let me know if you’re interested. ;-)

The fact China is blaming our Military pretty much confirms my suspicion that their government is responsible and there has to be some sort of marker on this that is not natural. There is a level 4 testing facility in Wuhan, the animal market is too convenient an excuse.

Given all the panic now, wouldn't it have been better to focus on this when the outbreak first started then the impeachment trial. That wouldn't have fit the political narrative, so here we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandadelhiaerocity

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.