Cotton or poly cotton shirts???

Is camo allowed in Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe?
"Military" camo is not allowed in Zimbabwe, but since no one in their right mind wants to get into a discussion of what constitutes "military" camo with a Zimbabwean official, the general rule is no camo is allowed in Zimbabwe. Namibia is fine, not sure about Botswana, but most hunting there is done anyway.

Ive just had a look at my old shirts the cotton ones are a heavier weight than the poly. As for the ironing they have all been done with a rather hot electric iron until the creases where so sharp you could shave with them :A Samurai:.
(British Army standard)

Hi Chaps just wondered if any of you use poly cotton shirts in Africa?? I only ask as I have a few in green and also in khaki from my army days. I have worn them in some rather warm condition in the UK and Europe but the heat in Africa can be a bit more!!

Thanks as ever.

Ps can you wear army camo in SA?? (only a JKT mind you)

Excuse the pun, but don't sweat it! Winter weight clothing can be hot to wear here, but mostly a light shirt and a t shirt under will work - have a fleece to bring too I wear Cabellas light weights..cotton or Poly cotton....your clothing will be ironed every day! Just remeber to stay properly hydrated wherever you are... but your PH should take care of that! Enjoy your hunt!

All I own are cotten shirts in dress, casual and hunting. It is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and polyester is the opposite for me. In retrospect I do own a couple of silk and linen casual shirts.

Do remember that fleece and wool tend to pick up thorns, grass, seeds, and other detritus far more than does a tightly woven cotton.

Linen. Cotton as second choice, but linen beats it in terms of breathability and comfort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boziebean

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg