Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
I am making final prep for Zim in August. I was wondering what foliage color is like in the Hwange area in August. Should I buy dark tan/light brown, , or dark green.

Go with Olive and dark green and you will not be out of place...

Black or a dark grey is an option...

From what i am told tans are to lite.

JamieD what are you chasing after in August?
Rifle or throwing in a bow?

I have worn tan, brown, olive, black, green. Buzz Charlton wears blue shirts. No telling what your tracker will wear. Any of the "standard" safari colors will be fine.

Good luck and have fun chasing buffalo and sable.

BRICKBURN

MIKE70560 has it about right buf and sable will be the primary target. Other possibles are hyena, leopard, bushbuck, reedbuck, ele, and just about anything the PH says is of good trophy quality.

I will be hunting with rifle.

Clothing color other than white is less important than most think..movement, sound and getting the wind in your favor is the key to success..

In Tanzania however I would wear tan as olive attracts Tetsi's...

Mostly I wear Khaki shirts and Wranglers, gaitors and either Tennis shoes or Roper brand shoes, as they are the ultimate in comfort. In RSA and in the mountains I wear my elk hunting boots, any good boot will do if its broke in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.