Carter's W.A.R.

This is an interview of Ivan Carter and Branlin Shockey done by Outdoor Channel to promote Carter's WAR.
This was posted on Ivan's Youtube Channel.

Great points made about the why and the purpose. Man I hope this show gets legs.

We can't keep going about trying to tell our story in the same way, and this doesn't. It could be a big piece to the puzzle.

I have been watching the show as well. Thanks to Ivan for the link above as well as a thoughtful response to Hank on Hanks honest post on his take of the show. It shows that Ivan understands the delicate balance between promoting hunters as conservationists and addressing many of the problems such as poaching in Africa. It is good to see open and respectful dialogue between AH members. Thx to Hank and Ivan! We all are trying to promote our sport. Ivan - Do you ever attend the Harrisburg, Pa sportsmanship show?

Great show and great message.
Regards,
Philip

The last show I was able to see was the hippo episode! I thought Ivan not shooting a hippo was the right message. No aggression was seen therefore no need to act! Hope these shows are around for a long time!

As in all good stories each installment gets better. Episode 5 Gang Wars really brings to life the tactics and devastation that poachers can bring to an area.

Now Ivan's pursuit angle and closing speed in the final foot chase does leave something to be desired. Good thing his tracker can run.:E Dancing:

Too funny. just watched this as well. He's no Usan Bolt Ivan is one of my favorites on TV on African hunting. While this is a serious show highlighting issues, my favorite shows with Ivan are the elephant hunts were he stands firm during a bluff charge and gets hit with the dust! That shows some brass ones!

Yep that's my favorite also. Maybe one day!

I'll have to catch this show as as a rerun......missed it!

here's hoping this show makes it to streaming media or dvd sometime soon. not having cable sure does have its down-sides.

I've watched several episodes and I think he hit it right on the head when he said we have to teach the "nons" the truth. Too many of them have their own preconceived notions about the hunting and conservation connection. They live in their own narrow world, have not been exposed to the real issues and don't really want to have their world rocked by being exposed to the truth. They don't understand that we are not professional killers and we are not bloodthirsty murderers. They don't understand that if we don't control animal populations, the populations will increase to the point of starvation due to lack of feed. Case in point-the latest drought and the devastation of habitat.

I think it much better to take an old animal out of circulation than to let him starve to death because he has no teeth anymore. He has done his job and passed his genes on. I think the term that upsets the nons is trophy. They misconstrue the meaning of the word and consider the taking of any animal just to hang his head on the wall (their thought) as totally unjustified. But, in their narrow mind, it is perfectly fine to line their walls with sports trophies, etc. Stinks of hypocrisy to me. They can but we can't.

Rant concluded.

I've watched several episodes and I think he hit it right on the head when he said we have to teach the "nons" the truth. Too many of them have their own preconceived notions about the hunting and conservation connection. They live in their own narrow world, have not been exposed to the real issues and don't really want to have their world rocked by being exposed to the truth. They don't understand that we are not professional killers and we are not bloodthirsty murderers. They don't understand that if we don't control animal populations, the populations will increase to the point of starvation due to lack of feed. Case in point-the latest drought and the devastation of habitat.

I think it much better to take an old animal out of circulation than to let him starve to death because he has no teeth anymore. He has done his job and passed his genes on. I think the term that upsets the nons is trophy. They misconstrue the meaning of the word and consider the taking of any animal just to hang his head on the wall (their thought) as totally unjustified. But, in their narrow mind, it is perfectly fine to line their walls with sports trophies, etc. Stinks of hypocrisy to me. They can but we can't.

Rant concluded.
We of course understand what hunting is all about. Let's not kid anyone we enjoy the sport on many individual levels, conservation, food for the needy, employment for locals are just side perks. Good luck trying to change the minds of most anti hunters. They simply will never accept the killing of an animal. Scientific facts mean nothing to them or to USFW. Political correctness it seems rules.

There is a big difference between anti hunters and non hunters!

Looks good. Best of luck to @Ivan Carter for Season 2.

I wonder if there are any plans to release this and season 1 digitally or on blu-ray. For those of us without cable/not in the USA, we miss out on this quality programing content.

Ivan does a fine job telling the story that needs to be told!

I myself would like to seem them talk more about hunting as they do the show. After all no hunting this show would not be around. To watered down for my taste on showing why hunting is so important for the animals of Africa.

I myself would like to seem them talk more about hunting as they do the show. After all no hunting this show would not be around. To watered down for my taste on showing why hunting is so important for the animals of Africa.

The show is trying to preach to someone other than the choir. You're the choir.

The choir needs to know no hunting no animals or anti poaching to save the animals. The choir needs to know the antis have been getting a free ride for way to long. Does not need to show hunters hunting but bringing up the fact hunters dollars pay for all the animals they show needs to be pushed. That is part of the teaching to the others who have no idea how much hunting helps wildlife. Showing the animals and saying hunters dollars pay for the animals you are seeing could only help.

After all he has this platform from being a hunter and I feel he does not push that fact. That is just what I feel and have felt like that after watching each of his shows so far.

You're missing the point entirely.

Say all those things and the show never reaches the wider audience, and perhaps even main stream TV, that Ivan hopes it will. You really think a liberal TV network would pick up a show talking about hunters dollars? Talk directly about hunters doing good and you think National Geographic Channel even considers picking up the show?

You've got to consider what the end goal is here and take baby steps towards it. And since I haven't seen any pure hunting shows on main stream TV I'm sure willing to try something different, even if it makes the show something other than what would fit my personal likes the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.