Calling all expert beaver hunters...

Didn't the mountain men trappers consider Beaver tail a delicacy?

I know an awful lot of folks use it as Bear bait. May be a delicacy to them.

I have slow smoked a few they are actually pretty good as pulled bbq

I heard that beaver meat is just like a beef roast. I wonder that the tail meat tastes like?
Chicken!! It all tastes like chicken!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Having eaten many beaver, I would describe them as greasy.

They have not seemed fishy at all to me more like a little grassy/ swampy but i did not find it strong/off putting. Fairly greasy but not as much as raccoon to me.

I killed 42 in 2 years at my old cottage. Trapping is the most effective but shooting them is challenging once they get wise. Just before dark and early mornings are productive. If you don't see any pull a few sticks out of the dam and let the water run, it won't be long.

I´ve maked a call phone couple weeks ago to the Tierra del Fuego Fauna department to try to join the group in charge to take this job ahead and they said that is a group designed by the gov authorities and didn´t provide me any information......they are planning to exterminate the whole population, they don´t want a single beaver any more.....I think We need a couple of you guys with your experiencie doning this job here.......

Allready knowing how Argentine Gov Deparments take care about different issues I think that We gonna have a healthy beabers (castor) populations for the rest of our lifes.......:ROFLMAO:

I´ve maked a call phone couple weeks ago to the Tierra del Fuego Fauna department to try to join the group in charge to take this job ahead and they said that is a group designed by the gov authorities and didn´t provide me any information......they are planning to exterminate the whole population, they don´t want a single beaver any more.....I think We need a couple of you guys with your experiencie doning this job here.......

Allready knowing how Argentine Gov Deparments take care about different issues I think that We gonna have a healthy beabers (castor) populations for the rest of our lifes.......:ROFLMAO:

I can sell myself as an experienced consultant and trainer but I need a translator and assistant and I just happen to know a guy called Rocket who is very qualified and could help cull the vermin ;)

Yes sir.....you beat......;)

They have not seemed fishy at all to me more like a little grassy/ swampy but i did not find it strong/off putting. Fairly greasy but not as much as raccoon to me.

I was just joking.... eating a beaver joke.

If it smells like fish, have a fish..... if it smells like cologne, leave it alone. :Cigar:

Reactions: lcq

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.