Buzz Charlton tuskless charge

There are two different hunts, in the first Buzz is with the Ruger M77

Thanks Mdsalern, for getting that video posted.

Quite the coincidence. As I was posting the video his book showed up.

IMG_1093.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's the video recently posted by Buzz (and it seems to be so), Buzz commented on his own FB feed that only a double could have been ready for a possible 2nd and last shot. Thankfully none was needed. I don't know how many ele Buzz has shouted down or shot in defense but as of the writing of his book, I think he had around 400 taken on his personal experience. He may not have counted self defense shooting and certainly didn't count how many he has defused.

Considering he was focused on the elephant that was dead in front of them. And his rifle was in his off hand and resting on his left toe. He got into action very fast. Especially since he isn’t fully clear where it’s coming from.

Telling people to move back, brushing the hunter back. And as he’s backing up he ensures he isn’t going to back into someone or something and trip.
Then, the apprentice does a nice job. Calmly moving forward beside Buzz.
They made it look easy.

If they already had one elephant down, did they push the client out of the way for legal reasons? That is, maybe the client did not have any further elephant licenses and it was far better for PH and help to at least make the first shots than for the client/hunter?
I don't know. I'm just wondering.

Is it just me or have they been p#ssing the animals off something terribly that side lately :LOL:

Buzz used a Ruger M77 416 Rigby on this charge
I have just read the chapter in Buzz's book https://www.amazon.com/Tall-Tales-Buzz-Charlton/dp/1571575294 where he talks about his choice of rifles, he said he started with a bolt action (the Ruger M77) but after a French client of his was wounded by an elephant (when a round jammed on cycling and he couldn't get a shot off) he switched to a double. I'd happily use a bolt action rifle for my hunting but I think I'd prefer my PH to carry a double!

Good morning gentlemen! They are scenes from two different hunts, in one Buzz is with the Ruger M77 416 Rigby, as he confirmed to me on facebook, and in the other hunt the PH that accompanies him uses a bolt action and Buzz uses a Double

Case in point for use of a double, fast second shot, live to see another day.

Can anyone load the entire video
Have you asked them permission? I’d like to see the video and like the discussion around it, but they’ve had some unwarranted bad press in past. There may be a reason it’s not available to general public. This site is fully public.

I have the video but haven't confirmed with Buzz that he approves it away from his FB feed. I will ask him.

good point. Also it’s most likely going to be on a TV show. So they may want most of the video to remain unseen until aired on TV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxanaTier

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!