AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
ammoguide.com
Media
Member of
NRA Patron Life, NAHC Life, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Norway, Korea, England, 4 Canada Provinces, 2 Mexico States, 12 US States
Anyone ever use or know anything about Bull's Eye Taxidermy in Vaalwater SA? They were recommended by the Outfit I'm going on Safari with in 2025 and are celebrating their 20th year in business. I'm going for Buffalo, Eland, Sable and a dozen other Plains Game.

Luckily I have found images on the internet of each of the animals I'm going after in the exact configuration I am looking for. Shoulder mounts, half body pedestal, and European skull mounts on a plaque. I'm going to have to re-arrange what I've already got on my walls to fit all of them, I'll even have to remove my chocolate Black Bear from Idaho to make room for the Buffalo, Eland, and Sable. I'm not sure where the Bear will end up. There's no wall space in the den or living room. It will probably end up in the spare bedroom where no-one will see it.
Thanx
Curtis

Bull's Eye has done 3 safaris worth of mounts for me and are currently working on a 4th. I have been very pleased with their work and they communicate well.

I was in their shop for the 10 cent tour at the end of June and they were doing a rip roaring amount of work. Indicative of a healthy business, FWIW. Very friendly people.

My first with them - a cape buff (table top euro) and three shoulder mounts are in process.

Ive used 3 different SA taxidermists over the years.. Bullseye is the only SA taxidermist I will use anymore..

One of the others was substandard.. the other was good.. but Bullseye in my opinion is notably better than the "good" one.. and their turn around times have been excellent for me (on our 2019 Safari they turned our trophies in 6 months.. in 2021 they turned them in 6 months.. and in 2022 they turned them in 8 months.. they now have had our 2023 trophies since late August.. I suspect they will be ready a month or two after the new year..

Communication with Bullseye is very good (very responsive), and their pricing is competitive with most SA taxidermists..

Anyone ever use or know anything about Bull's Eye Taxidermy in Vaalwater SA? They were recommended by the Outfit I'm going on Safari with in 2025 and are celebrating their 20th year in business. I'm going for Buffalo, Eland, Sable and a dozen other Plains Game.

Luckily I have found images on the internet of each of the animals I'm going after in the exact configuration I am looking for. Shoulder mounts, half body pedestal, and European skull mounts on a plaque. I'm going to have to re-arrange what I've already got on my walls to fit all of them, I'll even have to remove my chocolate Black Bear from Idaho to make room for the Buffalo, Eland, and Sable. I'm not sure where the Bear will end up. There's no wall space in the den or living room. It will probably end up in the spare bedroom where no-one will see it.
Thanx
Curtis
i used them last year and loved their communication and work! see Craig there

They’re doing several shoulder mounts for me as we speak. I also toured their shop. It’s a very respectable business.

They did my taxidermy in 2021 and I never considered anyone else for the work from this year. Super communication and work.
A buffalo pedestal and several shoulder mounts. Flat skins are also excellent and supple.

Thanx
Curtis
here is their work in my office

50759450-B5DC-4551-A97A-3E9505CDA914.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have done several of our animals from a couple trips and have several more at their shop currently.
1. Excellent communication
2. Fair pricing
3. Good quality compared to others Ive used or seen in person.
4. IF there is any issue they make it right.

Screenshot_20231218-192346.png
Screenshot_20231218-192319.png
Screenshot_20231218-192311.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re great. There are other posts on AH for reference to Bullseye

I met Craig in 2011 as part of PH course that toured the facility. He runs a great shop. If I hunt in Limpopo my trophies are headed here.

@Rare Breed I like the way they did your buffalo, it keeps the mount close to the wall as possible.

Excellent workmanship and artistic presentation. Great service, price and communication. I have tried several others, non of which compared whith Bullseye.
Craig is working on a group of our mounts now. Brian Gallup. BC, Canada.

I used them in 2021. Their work was excellent, they delivered earlier than expected and their prices were fair. Craig had excellent ideas and walked me through multiple options. I hope to use them again.

I have visited their shop at the end of my hunt in August. I am impressed with their work. Took several photos using my phone so I could show friends and family. If I can hunt Limpopo again, they will get my animals again. There is a Lion on the showroom floor that makes you want to reach for your double! It looks like you could smell the bad breath up close!

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7810.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

IMG_7812.jpeg

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

71726494671__4D629673-2DC2-459A-84F1-F5DED38D2EAA.jpeg
RenderedImage.jpeg

Here’s a sample of Bullseye’s work.

I’ll take a few pictures after I get them on the wall and roll out the Croc skin on felt too and send some pictures of it… I have one of their buff scoped rifle cases too…

Thanx
Curtis
I also visited their place and talked to the owner. One of the best taxidermy outfit in SA and their prices are half of what you would pay here.

I just received my first of 3 safari shipments from them and was very happy with their work and communication. Trust them with confidence.

I used them in 2016 for my first trip to the area.. great work and communications during the process was pretty good. I will be using them again this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VNCFlorida

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you