AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
If you have not read: Buffalo Tracking At Save River Chapter I: http://www.africahunting.com/threads/buffalo-tracking-at-save-river-chapter-i.30988/

Save River.JPG

The next day we had in the camp a late breakfast and than hunting directly in the bush,but we was already in the middle in it and not 2 km further, we were on buffaloes and could have come to shot on two very good bulls 36+39" with absolutely hard bosses
The old boys not always live allone.
Sometimes they join to a herd, to leave again this after three ,four days,
it is enough for some time, or the lion's pressure is high, then they also seek the shelter of the herd.
They have a good population of lions here,we saw the spurs very often and every second night I heard them roaring.

My target was an old bull with 40"+ up, there I thought, now a whole week goes on thus.
But mostly with a lot work of walking.
Schuhe.JPG

a pure bliss-to get out of the shoes

Now this was my third buffalo hunt and I felt here I can select to me something.
In the other properties I've hunted, this was not so possible
like here.A perfect camp for buff and plainsgame (esp. Sable and Nyala). Until the fith day we had contact to the buffs on every outing.
I have seen four or five good bulls in a good position over the days.
The tracker wrinkled bit by bit with the forehead, because I did not shot one of these perfect bulls.
But Im fascinated to stalk like a red indian through the bush and search for the example I‘m dreaming of.

Many Africans guess the weight of buffalo bulls on 1.000kg
Buff on the hook.JPG

I know thats to high and nobody has a big scales in the camp.
But also the people who say the opposite have no scales to prove it :)
I saw some heavy bodied bulls ,that Its hard to belive they have not a ton.
When I was on that and carrying my „small“ .375, I can't belive to bring this monster with it in the everlasting hunting grounds
Buff with gun.JPG

In the morning mist,above a riverbed, a big bull was fighting with a tree and I was shocked about the elemental force of this animal.
Holy Jesus,when you will be under them.
Of the request on the shot I did not follow, it was only the second day and the distance amounted to lasered 160 m, so far I shoot at no Cape buffalo.
I wrote it already in an other report,my opinion is, that black PH’s are more risky than the white ones.

in between times ,I shot a few antilopes for the kitchen and all was good
meat.JPG

You see at my bull, it is a real Daggaboy.
Dagga is mud,the Shona and Ndebele tribes have the same word for it.
But the meaning is: old,shy,down worned horns and years over his best times.
The trophy is also not very strong mostly, because he has lost a lot of condition .
A complete retired guy.
In the year before they shot here an bull with 48“
But much to young.
No real Daggaboy is comming in this class.

When we get near to a resting herd (50 -15 m !!!) ,
a resting herd.JPG

in the front lie the cows mostly and in the „back office“ the old bulls.
Somtimes we had to wait for hours and hoped a bull stands up an moved to us.
But the wind changed so often and they was runnig away.
It is a spectacular play.

I was complete from the socks ,that we had every second day Black Rhinos for us.
Imagine the privileg to hunt in a habitat, where these animals are wild and free living.
Everyone knows that they can be very aggressive;to shoot one in selfdefence ,this did to me, in addition, sweat from the pores .
Rhino area.JPG

Here we was stalking through a dry river bed ,found fresh Rhino beds ,tracks and a lot of fresh dung.
We went out of that area -to hot,to probably to met a Rhino at a to short distance
After murder, the heaviest punishments in this country might stand there probably on it.
„What can we do, when one does attack us“ –the answer of my PH Jerry: shoot it and than call your wife and tell her „Darling we will see us in 25 years again " (n)
In the evening, on the way home,a Rhino jumped in the light of our Jeep and runs over 100m in front away,like a hare at home in our hunting concession.

This Black Rhino is a good shotgun distance away.You must increase the picture,Rhino is in the middle.
Rhino.JPG

A Zebra stands next to him ,grunted and the stage was empty.
Security Guards live it in the woods there, equipped with satellites Phone, Radio and hard armed. Are supplied and move with the (collard) animals the whole year in the bush around .
Financed by the WWF.A good investment.
It is a state secret how much Guards and how many Rhinos live there. If were published it, the poachers also know. The Guards knew also about me and what I want to hunt .
That they could expect the shots I want to do.My personalties were sent before to Harare ,to look whether I stand already on a black list which deals with forbidden trade of animal products.
Poachers with firearms are found are doomed men.All.
„They will shot on sight“.

Rest of the story is following
Foxi

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool pics to document the story, thanks for sharing! That guy must have been having fun playing in the mud

Thanks for sharing your hunts chapter two.

Very good report Foxi. I appreciate the story.

Enjoying chapter II. Photos are good.(y)

thanks for the write up .Great photos.

Foxi, thanks for sharing your hunt with us, was great to read. Congrats.

Good story and photos !

Gents,
I will finish this story when I'm coming back.
In 24 hours our plane is going to Africa again.
Riding in the Limpopo area and than Tuli Block /Botswana.
Wish us luck and good horses.
1x Africa,always Africa ;)
Foxi

Gents,
I will finish this story when I'm coming back.
In 24 hours our plane is going to Africa again.
Riding in the Limpopo area and than Tuli Block /Botswana.
Wish us luck and good horses.
1x Africa,always Africa ;)
Foxi

Have a great trip. Look forward to hearing another story.(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoannaHamb

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.