Brass availability

Ivorygrip

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Good day all, I just learned something unfortunate.
For a while I have been looking for retailers to get in some Hornady 500 nitro brass, figuring on the demand of everything I wasn’t expecting it, but I called Hornady and spoke with a nice lady there and she told me “it looks like the cartridge cases for the 500 have been discontinued“ and she figured they would never make them to sell as components again.
Obviously they are still making factory Ammo but from the sounds of it the cases for the almighty 500 NE will be no more from hornady.
I did not ask about any other calibers so maybe they will still make some other big bore cartridge cases in the future…

Hopefully they will continue making factory ammo for it. I have a 450 Rigby. Hornady was cheapest option and commonly available until recently. It now lists discontinued.

Good day all, I just learned something unfortunate.
For a while I have been looking for retailers to get in some Hornady 500 nitro brass, figuring on the demand of everything I wasn’t expecting it, but I called Hornady and spoke with a nice lady there and she told me “it looks like the cartridge cases for the 500 have been discontinued“ and she figured they would never make them to sell as components again.
Obviously they are still making factory Ammo but from the sounds of it the cases for the almighty 500 NE will be no more from hornady.
I did not ask about any other calibers so maybe they will still make some other big bore cartridge cases in the future…
Buy Norma 500NE brass from Raven Rock Precision which is in stock. Better brass in my opinion versus Hornady

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saleh Al Nahdi

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.