Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Media
Member of
The Mule Deer Foundation, The Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation,Life Member N.R.A.,
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia,R.S.A.,Kyrgyzstan
I purchased 3 of these rifles from the Original Owner about 7 years ago. His son kept two and I bought the rest. He said they had only been fired once or twice and maybe not at all?..$2300 Sipped lower 48 Alaska can pay actual shipping Costs.I recently moved to Flowrida central west coast.

b6eHxNB.jpg
R7q7JtE.jpg
sH1C2Ja.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Set #220 No Trades

Do you know what barrel contour is on your rifles? There was a small number of them that had a heavier contour.

They only made 250 of each rifle. I belive they are all the same?

Ruger #1 Boddington African Adventure Series

Description:

In 2008, Ruger collaborated with noted outdoor writer Craig Boddington and Lipsey's on a special series of Number 1 rifles. The result was a limited edition five gun set that would share the same features and be chambered in different calibers optimized for Craig's favorite African species to hunt. All of the rifles in the set feature a matte blue finish, circassion walnut stock, Warne quick detach rings, and special express sights made specifically for each caliber by Ruger. There were 250 of each model made with each caliber having the same serial # with a different pre-fix. The 375 Ruger Lion was the first rifle produced in the series and was built on the lighter Number 1S model for a quick handling, lighterweight, heavy caliber rifle. Falling Block Single Shot, 22" Barrel Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-12" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 7.25 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 450/400 Nitro Express Buffalo was the second rifle produced in the series. These have the lighter contour Number 1H Tropical barrel. Falling Block Single Shot, 24" Barrel Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-15" Twist, Express Sights Quarter Rib 9 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 300 H&H Magnum Kudu was the third rifle produced in the series. This was the first Number 1 rifle chambered in this caliber and it is highly sought after. Falling Block Single Shot 26" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-10" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 8 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 7X57mm Leopard was the fourth installment of the Boddington Series. Falling Block Single Shot, 22" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-8.75" Twist, Express Sights Quarter Rib, 7 lbs. Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 450 Nitro Express Elephant model is the fifth and last installment of the Boddington Series. This rifle features the heavier contour Number 1H Tropical barrel. This is the first time Ruger has chambered this cartridge and it is a hammer! Falling Block Single Shot 24" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-15" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 7.5 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings

Do you know what barrel contour is on your rifles? There was a small number of them that had a heavier contour.
The 450 Nitro was the one with a heavier barrel contour..

Ruger #1 Boddington African Adventure Series

Description:

In 2008, Ruger collaborated with noted outdoor writer Craig Boddington and Lipsey's on a special series of Number 1 rifles. The result was a limited edition five gun set that would share the same features and be chambered in different calibers optimized for Craig's favorite African species to hunt. All of the rifles in the set feature a matte blue finish, circassion walnut stock, Warne quick detach rings, and special express sights made specifically for each caliber by Ruger. There were 250 of each model made with each caliber having the same serial # with a different pre-fix. The 375 Ruger Lion was the first rifle produced in the series and was built on the lighter Number 1S model for a quick handling, lighterweight, heavy caliber rifle. Falling Block Single Shot, 22" Barrel Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-12" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 7.25 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 450/400 Nitro Express Buffalo was the second rifle produced in the series. These have the lighter contour Number 1H Tropical barrel. Falling Block Single Shot, 24" Barrel Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-15" Twist, Express Sights Quarter Rib 9 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 300 H&H Magnum Kudu was the third rifle produced in the series. This was the first Number 1 rifle chambered in this caliber and it is highly sought after. Falling Block Single Shot 26" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-10" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 8 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 7X57mm Leopard was the fourth installment of the Boddington Series. Falling Block Single Shot, 22" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-8.75" Twist, Express Sights Quarter Rib, 7 lbs. Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings The 450 Nitro Express Elephant model is the fifth and last installment of the Boddington Series. This rifle features the heavier contour Number 1H Tropical barrel. This is the first time Ruger has chambered this cartridge and it is a hammer! Falling Block Single Shot 24" Barrel, Circassion Walnut Stock, Matte Blue Finish, 1-in-15" Twist, Express Sights, Quarter Rib, 7.5 lbs., Alexander Henry Forend, Warne Quick Detach Rings
Thank you for clarifying the difference .

Attachments

• Ruger No. 1 Rifles for Sale – Classic Sporting Arms.pdf
    562.7 KB · Views: 32
Where do you live in Florida? I am interested and could meet you in person if your not too far from me.

I shot this Buff in Zim with my other Boddington #1 450/400. They work well on DG. I would also use it on an Ele.

Zim Buff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rifle is Pending Thanks.

Sold Please Delete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhEngla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.