Black owned hunting safari businesses?

When I was in Moshi Tanzania I asked our guide to take us to the open air market. He was very hesitant and warned us, that tourist don't go there. He called his boss and told them that that is what we wanted to do. His boss then asked us, if that is what we really wanted. We went, and it was interesting. We got a lot of strange looks, yet the people were incredibly friendly. We ate some of the most incredible fruit grown in the region. We walked for hours, and talked to so many people. And everyone of them were smiling. After that we drove to Arusha. Along the way we stopped a different businesses. We found this family that was making furniture, my wife fell in love with this hand made bed frame. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to figure out how we could ship it back to Wa state. That is the Africa I love. The dirty, gritty, smelly, but most importantly. The happiness that those people have without having. Just good people.

This is why, when I went to Kenya, I insisted we drive everywhere instead of fly.... you can't learn a country from the air. I loved every one of those 1500kms

and your wife reminds me of our very good friend who still lives in Seattle - she's Chinese but grew up in Malaysia. She is our food-enabler and off-menu-orderer in all those Dim-Sum and other restaurants around Seattle...

This is why, when I went to Kenya, I insisted we drive everywhere instead of fly.... you can't learn a country from the air. I loved every one of those 1500kms

and your wife reminds me of our very good friend who still lives in Seattle - she's Chinese but grew up in Malaysia. She is our food-enabler and off-menu-orderer in all those Dim-Sum and other restaurants around Seattle...
I've probably been to most of those restaurants with my wife. My wife told me the secret to good Chinese food. If everyone is speaking Chinese, it's good. Then I asked her how I can find the good stuff myself? She simply said, you can't without me.

Mmm....well as I am obviously a transplant must mean I am not correct....even though am married to a zambian girl...First set foot in zambia in 1990....was back and forwards from where I live and here...First invested here in around 1994 I think....obviously live here now and have done for a while.we assist the school over the river from us....the chief on that side is on our side big time.....so yeah transplants must not be all shit.....
I'm also a transplant here and where I emigrated from. Always makes me laugh when I return to Montana to hunt and some clown in the bar with a southern drawl starts bawling about the foreigner shooting his deer, blah, blah. I was born there essentially (parents moved to Montana from Idaho three days after my birth) and I'm a disabled US veteran. That shuts him up. :D

The point being stereotypes, racial or otherwise, are bullshit. I hate them.

I'm also a transplant here and where I emigrated from. Always makes me laugh when I return to Montana to hunt and some clown in the bar with a southern drawl starts bawling about the foreigner shooting his deer, blah, blah. I was born there essentially (parents moved to Montana from Idaho three days after my birth) and I'm a disabled US veteran. That shuts him up. :D

The point being stereotypes, racial or otherwise, are bullshit. I hate them.
Well you seem to have a problem with southern drawls or Texas so…..

What he doesn’t seem to have a problem with is pulling out the disabled vet card in an argument. Must not be too disabled to hunt
I am a vet. You won’t hear me say it much.
My father is a truly disabled vet. ( agent orange with leukemia)
My nephew is a disabled vet.
Not sure how to explain how I feel, but it grates me when I hear the vet card , especially the disabled vet card thrown when there is no reason or context to do so. PTSD card is a real close second.
People throwing those around makes it really hard and lowers the significance of those that truly have issues. Not just working the system. I am not pointing any one out. Don’t get me wrong.
But if the shoe fits then lace it up.

Good God, where is my Bowmore 18. Why in the hell did I ever post here. Thank you to the people who were kind, but the rest of you will pick anything apart for pure sport.

I am a vet. You won’t hear me say it much.
My father is a truly disabled vet. ( agent orange with leukemia)
My nephew is a disabled vet.
Not sure how to explain how I feel, but it grates me when I hear the vet card , especially the disabled vet card thrown when there is no reason or context to do so. PTSD card is a real close second.
People throwing those around makes it really hard and lowers the significance of those that truly have issues. Not just working the system. I am not pointing any one out. Don’t get me wrong.
But if the shoe fits then lace it up.
I did my time when America called. Left college and didn't hide out behind phony "bone spurs" (then thereafter wrap myself in the patriotic flag whenever it served my interests). I will pull out the vet card to shoot down anyone stereotyping me as some foreigner in my own country. I'm sure you would too. It's your right.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have stepped into a giant pile donkey dung.
Don’t be too discouraged. Race is a sensitive issue with regard to Africa and folks here are wary of anti hunters sneaking onto to the forum and trying to stir up trouble.
I think you’re question is probably going to be perceived as less suspicious since you’ve elaborated on it.

Good God, where is my Bowmore 18. Why in the hell did I ever post here. Thank you to the people who were kind, but the rest of you will pick anything apart for pure sport.
The world is full of em. Gotta have a thick skin to stay on ANY forum.

I did my time when America called. Left college and didn't hide out behind phony "bone spurs" (then thereafter wrap myself in the patriotic flag whenever it served my interests). I will pull out the vet card to shoot down anyone stereotyping me as some foreigner in my own country. I'm sure you would too. It's your right.
I guess that shoe fit

Don’t be too discouraged. Race is a sensitive issue with regard to Africa and folks here are wary of anti hunters sneaking onto to the forum and trying to stir up trouble.
I think you’re question is probably going to be perceived as less suspicious since you’ve elaborated on it.
Thanks. Alright! Ford is better than Chevy.....and go

There was a famous ex military man in Ethiopia that was "go to" for mountain nyala. Can't call his name right now.

You are aware that there are white Africans , correct? Lol. As a matter of fact, when it comes to individual countries, there are many people of the whiter shade that have been there a lot longer than some of their countrymen of the darker shade. For example , a white Afrikaner may have ancestors in RSA that go back much earlier in history than a more recent emigre from Mozambique of darker complexion. Hence is the absurdity of focusing on “race” as a criteria.

I've probably been to most of those restaurants with my wife. My wife told me the secret to good Chinese food. If everyone is speaking Chinese, it's good. Then I asked her how I can find the good stuff myself? She simply said, you can't without me.

HA! That is EXACTLY what our friend told us. Can't tell you how many times we've sat down and I've looked around and seen no other white people and said, "This is gonna be good." Usually the sign of a good pho shop as well. We miss those restaurants big time.

You are aware that there are white Africans , correct? Lol. As a matter of fact, when it comes to individual countries, there are many people of the whiter shade that have been there a lot longer than some of their countrymen of the darker shade. For example , a white Afrikaner may have ancestors in RSA that go back much earlier in history than a more recent emigre from Mozambique of darker complexion. Hence is the absurdity of focusing on “race” as a criteria.
I wish that I could have asked the question differently, but I didn't. Like I said before, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.

@Lawrence Ngwenya is a native African professional hunter and I’m sure that he’d accommodate you well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
railrunnernw

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you