LordRusty

AH member
Reaction score
Website
wildlife.equineartistry.com
Media
Articles
Big, Beautiful Striped Girl!

This is a Zebra mare I recently completed and finished.

This beauty was taken by Brian Drake, and was part of two-day seminar I gave on mounting the Zebra. Congrats, Brian ... on a beautiful mare!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

This shot shows the nose before and after finishing.
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

I like really this angle! Unfortunately, the only shot I took at this angle was before the final finishing was complete. Here the epoxy work is done, including the Nictitating membrane, using Apoxy Sculpt, before the final painting.

watermark.php

Besides having a set of my "Illumin-eyes" installed, this Zebra was a candidate for my new septum. This big girl is the first to sport my latest innovation. And it is neat. It installs just like any competition Whitetail septum, but on a much larger scale, of course! ;)

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Implausible piece of taxidermy .... fantastic mounted Zebra.

Monish

Boy she really stands out against that background. Beautiful job.

Congradulations, that is beautiful mount, love all the little details!!!

Beautiful mount,I only have a flatskin,after I saw this mount. I must hunt another Zebra.

BEAUTIFUL, really, this is not taxidermy it's art...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.