Best watch in the 1000$ range?

The dream watch for me years ago was a Seiko Tuna. But they were too big for my wrist. I envied my buddy’s that had them. They called them Tuna Cans.

Seiko Marine Master 1000meter can be found near $1000.

Best Buy is a Seiko Tuna 300meter

Or Baby Tuna
Bigs not going to be an issue for me , I measured my wrist for the first time the other night while trying to figure out how to order a timex expedition north. Figured it try that first and see if I could get used to wearing a watch and how much a watch will snag in oil gear. I don’t think they make on big enough to fit my wrist following there instructions to measure I got 9 3/4 inch wrists and there largest is 8”

CWC

I don’t think they make on big enough to fit my wrist following there instructions to measure I got 9 3/4 inch wrists and there largest is 8”
A delicate flower aren't you:giggle:

I have been intrigued by all the watch discussions on the AH forum. It made me dig out a watch I received from my brother in law for standing up in his wedding.

It isn’t an expensive Swiss watch, but it means a lot to me in that my brother in law certainly had no money and this was a very nice gift at the time.
IMG_0995.jpeg

I really like my Tissot Seastar.I've worn it several years with no problems and it keeps time very well. A new one can be had for well under 1K.

I wear the Seaholm Rover - Swiss built automatic, sold in USA.. I've beat it to death and no issues....

Under 1000$ i like very much tissot PRX powermatic 80 automatic in blue colour

I got my Eraluxe skeleton mechanical and it’s all for $99.99 including tax and delivery

B739386D-2C08-492A-ABD5-794C55D74B30.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Citizen, $100 .. merely, that's all they have up here. 15yr work watch, it takes an extreme beating in all elements & I can read it.

@CJW steered me toward another Citizen line .. I was surprised to see it local!
1713278026668.png

Citizen, $100 .. merely, that's all they have up here. 15yr work watch, it takes an extreme beating in all elements & I can read it.

@CJW steered me toward another Citizen line .. I was surprised to see it local!
View attachment 599731
Citizen makes some good watches for the price point, just understand that you will get what you pay for.

I had an Eco-Drive, atomic with a titanium case & bracelet. These are the reasons I sold it. The face was a little busy for my taste. Combine that with the poor lume on the hands and markers made it difficult to read in the dark. The bracelet caught the hair in my arms which wasn't fun. Setting the time, time zone and receiving the radio signal was a process that should have been more simple. The only saving grace for this watch is that it never needed a battery. I can't figure out what was going through my head when I bought that thing. I should have watched more YT reviews on it. Fortunately I found a guy in my office who wanted the exact one I had so I didn't loose too much on it.

Just be careful and do your research. Lots of good watches out there for not that much more money.

I have to say, I’ve been looking at the Christopher Wards since seeing them listed here

When you look down at your wrist, the watch that is there should bring you joy. That's it, nothing else. It doesn't matter who made the watch, how it keeps time or anything else. As long as you are happy, that's all that matters.

What you don't want is to look down at your wrist and be reminded of the watch you really wanted. Take your time and do it right the first time. And keep in mind that you will always have a chance to do it right the next time, but most likely at a penalty to your bank account. Buy once, cry once.

Citizen makes some good watches for the price point, just understand that you will get what you pay for.

I had an Eco-Drive, atomic with a titanium case & bracelet. These are the reasons I sold it. The face was a little busy for my taste. Combine that with the poor lume on the hands and markers made it difficult to read in the dark. The bracelet caught the hair in my arms which wasn't fun. Setting the time, time zone and receiving the radio signal was a process that should have been more simple. The only saving grace for this watch is that it never needed a battery. I can't figure out what was going through my head when I bought that thing. I should have watched more YT reviews on it. Fortunately I found a guy in my office who wanted the exact one I had so I didn't loose too much on it.

Just be careful and do your research. Lots of good watches out there for not that much more money.
Thank you. The "Automatic" concept is news to me, which as you stated deserves some research. Still 40mm, not quite as slim .. + $450. time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.