Best balls

Can just see all you elephant hunters…….should have brought a bigger plate:ROFLMAO:
Thank God Tupperware isn't around any longer they definitely had elephant ball size serving trays that would not exacerbate the weight of your checked luggage!

For those of you in Houston, if you want to give sweetbreads a go, El Tiempo Cantina serves them as an appetizer.

If you like cooking, you can get them at Fiesta or 99 Ranch Market. The great thing about buying offal is it's cheap. If you think it taste like ass, you can always throw it in the garbage, and it'll have cost you less than $10.

The only expensive organ meat, at least in the greater Houston area, is tongue. Tongue really needs to be cooked in an instant pot, or simmered for HOURS on the stove top. When I go to actual Mexican restaurants (real taquerias), tongue is about the only thing I order. You just can't get it anywhere else.
My parents are English, so growing up there was a wide variety of meat to eat. My father loved pickled "pigs trotters" ( pigs feet) The only thing I developed a taste for was jellied veal tongue. Came in a loaf form at the deli, buttered bread, maybe some mustard and you were in tall cotton!

I was about to step out of the shower and add a pic, good thing I read the entire thread prior. Deceiving title I must say

Copyright violations to follow IF they weren't all dead (or 1/2 dead!)

And I thought this thread was going to be a competition!

I’m with Red Leg!

One of the reasons ex #2 liked AC/DC...lol. She would also tell you when she hunted she wasn't looking for horns, she was looking for balls. She became weird, I became gone...lol.

Oh my God, how hungry you have to be to eat goat balls.
Perhaps eating them is an atavism of some kind of hunting magic.

The liver is quite edible during hunting, it is even a kind of ritual at club hunts. You need to be able to cook it so as not to overcook it. I fry in butter, sometimes they do it with gravy under the lid. The heart is also welcome, both together with the liver and separately. All this does not participate in the division of meat.
Sometimes at the table someone notices that Americans don't eat it, because slaveholders fed their slaves with it - it's a kind of humor.

My parents are English, so growing up there was a wide variety of meat to eat. My father loved pickled "pigs trotters" ( pigs feet) The only thing I developed a taste for was jellied veal tongue. Came in a loaf form at the deli, buttered bread, maybe some mustard and you were in tall cotton!
Pickled pig trotters, the best!

I had a rabbit liver terrine with blackberry jam a while ago that was divine.

You haven't lived until you have eaten buffalo balls, tripe and tongue, preferably from the same animal. Of course you can also try a bit of the fillet if you wish. Our foray into buffalo tail was a disaster, it needs a good 8 hours simmering.

And the waiter said "Sometimes the fighting bull, he wins"
Well actually the bull never wins, however sometimes both the Matador and the bull lose.... Or so we found out about a year ago when a rather cocky Matador was showing off holding his cape behind his back and the bull took full advantage and flung the idiot over his back... After flopping around like a rag doll on the bulls horns and back and then hitting the gound... They got the bull distracted and carried the crumpled Matador off.... We never were able to find out more about him.

But another Matador came in and finished that fight and eventually finished the bull.... That really dug into our American sensibilities and sense of fairness. We really felt that bull deserved a retirement to a green pasture and a dozen or so heifers;)

Needless to say, we grabbed a taxi after the show and went to eat at a place miles away that evening..... That is another story but there was another couple seated next to use out celebrating and a flamboyant and energetic waiter from Cuba with some complintary shots of a fine pink colored nector to top off what ever else we were having....... I don't remember what we ate but it was good and not directly derived from any reproductive organs, of any species!

A good friend of mine here in GA took over his dad tradition of hosting a Wild Game Dinner among his friends. This year one of the most exotic/weird was Turkey balls. Yup, and I didn’t know Turkeys had balls. :ROFLMAO: They were amazing.

IMG_1651.jpeg

You haven't lived until you have eaten buffalo balls, tripe and tongue, preferably from the same animal. Of course you can also try a bit of the fillet if you wish. Our foray into buffalo tail was a disaster, it needs a good 8 hours simmering.
Buffalo tail is one of the finest things i have ever eaten it was served with some sudza, and balls fried as an appetizer it was fine!

Pickled pig trotters, the best!
When I lived and hunted in Northern California I used to buy a couple of jars of pickled pig feet. Deer season there is notoriously hot and dry. When we stopped for lunch, I pulled the chilled jars out of the ice chest and instantly became popular with my buddies. I doubt if they would have been eaten by anyone that thinks the deer heart is part of the "guts."

Thank God Tupperware isn't around any longer they definitely had elephant ball size serving trays that would not exacerbate the weight of your checked luggage!
Yea and they would arrive home so fresh..... well maybe the maggots would still be fresh;)

My parents made the best oxtail soup!
A good friend of mine here in GA took over his dad tradition of hosting a Wild Game Dinner among his friends. This year one of the most exotic/weird was Turkey balls. Yup, and I didn’t know Turkeys had balls. :ROFLMAO: They were amazing.

View attachment 605721
Didn't know turkeys had balls, but nowadays even some women have balls!

TR was very fond of buffalo (bison) tongue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scolopax

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!