Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Outfitter: Atacora Safaris

Area: Konkombri bordering Pendjari National Park

PH: Philippe Clero

Animals taken: Harnessed Bushbuck, Western Savannah Buffalo, Western Roan, Hippo, Red-flanked duiker

Animals targeted but not taken: Western Hartebeest, Sing Sing Waterbuck

After 3 safaris to southern Africa, I wanted to try something different. East Africa is a little too expensive for me, so I wanted to give West Africa a shot. One problem I ran into is my lack of speaking French. From my research I noted that the more popular (and cheaper) destination was Burkina Faso, and the typical arrangement was using a local PH with an interpreter. In many cases this led to a successful hunt, but in some it also led to a nightmare, specifically related to communication and expectations. One of my requirements was to have a PH that spoke English and preferably not local. I also wanted to hunt an area and country not commonly hunted by Americans. This led me to Benin. Currently there are only 5 outfitters in Benin, 4 of which offer Big Game hunting. Porga – operated by Club Faune, Batia which mostly uses local PHs and the W park, which is currently red-flagged for terrorist activity from the Niger border. Finally there is a relatively small concession called Konkombri on the north-east side of Pendjari Park.

map-pedjari-82_zpsfpesfuzg.jpg

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Arinjit/media/Benin 2016/map-pedjari-82_zpsfpesfuzg.jpg.html

Konkombri is small but very unique. It is bordered by the Pendjari river to the north and west (with the national park on the other side of the river) and by the Atacora mountains on the east side. This leads to a good amount of animals that cross over from the park and the mountains sort of provide a natural barrier to many, especially some with 2 legs. It was previously run by an operator that primarily catered to European clients, typically French. But last year, the operations were taken over by new management and they are interested in marketing to other sectors like the US. The owner actually advertised a hunt on this forum. There are 2 PHs currently in camp both named Philippe and both speak very good English. Philippe Clero, who I hunted with, hunts extensively in Tanzania and used to hunt in CAR. Thus he is very used to non-European clients, especially Americans. His English is impeccable.

The hunt is not especially hard, but you must be in decent shape. The terrain is mostly savannah with forest type woodlands near the rivers and rocky near the foothills of the mountains. The valleys in the mountains also have some shallow pools of water. The ground for the most part is hard clay and has a lot of holes from elephant foot prints during the rainy season. I managed to twist my ankle badly in one of these on the 2nd day of the hunt, but the hunt was saved by an Ace bandage and some Advil. They do some controlled burning, so you have anything from tall to medium grass and burnt patches of new grass. Great habitat for animals to eat and bed. This is not a high game density area. I would call it medium at best, but there are large nos. of buffalo, roan and kob. More importantly there are many old animals as well as animals of different age ranges including very young, which is promising. They have anti-poaching teams that are incentivized by what they find. The model seems to be working.

During my hunt the days were very hot and basically we returned to camp for lunch and didn’t start back up until late afternoon. Very little animal activity in the heat of the day. The camp is in the middle of the concession and remote. It takes about 2 hrs by car after you enter the park near Batia. Camp is comfortable and they have a generator they run all day. Huts have en-suite bathrooms and running water from a well. Food is French cuisine exclusively using game meat. Good food. I don’t drink much when hunting, but they have a good selection of hard liquors, wine and beer, which is included in moderation. The Harmattan was an issue the last 5 days of the hunt. Animals are a little skittish, especially in high winds. It also induces coughing in cases.

Bushbuck

This was high on my list. Ended up taking him on the first day. We were not having much luck connecting with animals, so decided to stop by a local fishing village. On the way back, I asked to stop to take a picture of the sunset and as we were doing so, up pops the horns in the foreground. Get off the truck and a quick stalk and shot. The grass is high in places, so very often you do not get a full view of the animal. In this case, all I could see was the back half and part of the head. You have to know the anatomy. I shot through the grass and got the lungs just behind the front legs. You have to be comfortable taking shots like this or you may have to pass on many good animals. I naturally tend to aim for fur, so had to concentrate a bit.

Buffalo

On the first day, we chased a group of old males through some thick terrain. There was one very good old male in the group but got spooked about 200 yards out by some kob we ran into. We chased them for a few hours, through tall grass, dry river beds, woodlands and savannah, but ended up losing the tracks. Pretty sure they went back into the park. On the second day afternoon, we ran into a large herd. Must have been about a hundred buffalo. A quick stalk and shot at what we felt was the oldest bull in the group. We saw buffalo almost every day. Some very old bulls and in many cases we were able to stalk as close as 30 yards. Pretty exciting stuff.

Roan

We saw Roan every day. Many is groups and also many loan bulls. Ideally I wanted to take an old lone bull. On the afternoon of the third day, we found a lone old male right off the road. The first shot was a bit back, but we finished after a quick follow up.

Hippo

I was originally hoping to do a hunt on land. But these hippos pretty much stay in the water during daylight hours. The hippos here stay in pools close to the river and go back and forth into the park. It is exciting to get so close to them, but the hunt itself is not the most adrenaline pumping. We looked over a couple of pools over two day. The challenge is finding a suitable old animal. The shot will be fairly close, within 50 yards. They are not as big bodied as other parts of Africa. The recovery is definitely exciting and not what I was expecting. There are no boats, so the guys go out with lighted palm fronds and beat the water to scare away the other hippos and crocodiles to tie a rope to the dead hippo and drag it back.

Red-flanked duiker

We nicknamed them the red devil. They were very high on my list and one of the reasons I picked Benin over Burkina Faso. Having taken the bushbuck, buffalo and roan within the first 3 days took some pressure off so we could concentrate on the duiker. All you see are fleeting glimpses as they run off. Philippe would call them and on the first day, we had one come in very close to the call, but it was a female. We saw quite a few of them but they don’t stand still long enough for a shot. Also once they see you, they will not respond to a call. We hunted them hard for 4-5 days. They like living at the edge of the savannah and the woodlands near the dry river beds. Very difficult habitat for a shot due to the thick vegetation and obstructions. Finally one morning, we managed to find one hiding behind some thick branches. It was not far but extremely obstructed view. The head was behind a big branch. It took us a while to confirm it was a shootable male. We got a quick glimpse of the horns when it picked up its head. The only shot I had was a few inch by few inch opening through the brush on the rib cage. Otherwise the animal was completely obstructed. I took careful aim and shot. But the bullet must have hit a branch and tumbled. It ended up hitting the animal in the head at an angle and pretty much destroyed the skull and cape. It was the most exciting and the most disappointing point of the entire hunt. I wanted to do a full body mount and after chasing them for days, I had managed to destroy the cape. He was an old male with very nice horns.

Hartebeest and Waterbuck

On day 2 I completely missed a shot on a nice old male hartebeest standing quarter to at about 120 yards. I have no idea what happened. We tried chasing them for a second shot, but no luck. I was so surprised at the miss I even rechecked zero on the rifle. It was me. We chased after them on a few other occasions, but either could not get a decent shot or could not find a shootable old animal.

The last two days, I decided to also try for Waterbuck. They were there, although not in huge numbers. The day before the last day, we actually came across a very nice old male in a group. They were pretty relaxed on the side of the road, so we drove past them and stopped to glass. As we were glassing, a truck full of game scouts from the park drove up right behind us and stopped right in front of them causing them to take off. We tried going after them, but no luck. On the afternoon of the last day we saw a male that would meet trophy standards, but was still young, so I decided not to take the shot.

Pointers:

1. I flew into Ouaga in Burkina and drove from there into Benin. Flights from France to Ouaga are more frequent than to Cotonou in Benin and I was not carrying rifles. The border crossing can be difficult as many are looking for bribes. I refuse to bribe, especially government officials. I was questioned for a while by the Benin police at the border, but finally he gave up and stamped my passport. I would consider flying into Cotonou to save the hassle. Drive time from either is about 10-11 hrs over crappy roads. Flying from Cotonou to Natitingou on an air charter then driving 3 hrs may be an option for those interested.

2. I would not recommend this for first time hunters to Africa or those who want a high body count of animals. The enjoyment is in the experience and you must go with the flow. The animals are there, but you will need focus and luck to get them.

3. Harmattan can be an issue if you are sensitive to dust. You will get caked in it. I think I have a pound of that crap in my lungs. A bandana or dust mask may help. As such I did not have much issues with it.

4. It was hot with temps around 40-42 mid day, but it is a dry heat. Evenings are cool. I would think twice about hunting after mid-march because of the heat. The concessions is bordered by the river on 2 sides, so there is always water and animals here. But when hot they are not moving.

5. English is not an issue with these guys. The PHs as well as the Owners speak great English and are very fast in responding to your queries. No surprises from what I was told the hunt was going to be.

6. The ground is uneven and hard clay. You may not see many holes as they are covered in dry grass. Boots with good ankle support is needed. Also carry a couple of Ace bandages in your first aid kit. It saved my hunt.

Attachments

• West Africa 2016 121_zps4olirpjw.jpg
    West Africa 2016 121_zps4olirpjw.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 242
  • West Africa 2016 908_zpsluawejcc.jpg
    West Africa 2016 908_zpsluawejcc.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 204
  • West Africa 2016 838_zps87s4dxzh.jpg
    West Africa 2016 838_zps87s4dxzh.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 215
  • West Africa 2016 907_zpswx9ry7ct.jpg
    West Africa 2016 907_zpswx9ry7ct.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 195
  • West Africa 2016 128_zpslvslnrsr.jpg
    West Africa 2016 128_zpslvslnrsr.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 212
  • West Africa 2016 469_zpsqsjssfq4.jpg
    West Africa 2016 469_zpsqsjssfq4.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 170
  • West Africa 2016 047_zpsdsjela5o.jpg
    West Africa 2016 047_zpsdsjela5o.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 644
  • West Africa 2016 025_zpscogigaxl.jpg
    West Africa 2016 025_zpscogigaxl.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 207
  • West Africa 2016 015_zpsnd0rudgi.jpg
    West Africa 2016 015_zpsnd0rudgi.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 239
  • West Africa 2016 306_zpslmvywium.jpg
    West Africa 2016 306_zpslmvywium.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 200
  • West Africa 2016 549_zpshg8tmxfm.jpg
    West Africa 2016 549_zpshg8tmxfm.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 271
  • West Africa 2016 212_zpsf4wnlt2b.jpg
    West Africa 2016 212_zpsf4wnlt2b.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 240
  • West Africa 2016 887_zps6dari8bx.jpg
    West Africa 2016 887_zps6dari8bx.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 230
  • West Africa 2016 175_zpsmewevbag.jpg
    West Africa 2016 175_zpsmewevbag.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 217
  • West Africa 2016 092_zpsntdm4hht.jpg
    West Africa 2016 092_zpsntdm4hht.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 243
  • West Africa 2016 167_zpsypgdehhx.jpg
    West Africa 2016 167_zpsypgdehhx.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 241
  • West Africa 2016 260_zpszlhrhrmw.jpg
    West Africa 2016 260_zpszlhrhrmw.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 190
  • West Africa 2016 610_zpskktuuo8o.jpg
    West Africa 2016 610_zpskktuuo8o.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 292
  • West Africa 2016 343_zps3sgvcav7.jpg
    West Africa 2016 343_zps3sgvcav7.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 231
  • West Africa 2016 409_zpslmcttv34.jpg
    West Africa 2016 409_zpslmcttv34.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 215
  • West Africa 2016 848_zpsb8czverz.jpg
    West Africa 2016 848_zpsb8czverz.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 227
  • West Africa 2016 116_zpswrfdvars.jpg
    West Africa 2016 116_zpswrfdvars.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 204
  • West Africa 2016 823_zpsqez46o9h.jpg
    West Africa 2016 823_zpsqez46o9h.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 211
  • West Africa 2016 742_zpscjpasme1.jpg
    West Africa 2016 742_zpscjpasme1.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 197
  • West Africa 2016 235_zps3ka9r6sk.jpg
    West Africa 2016 235_zps3ka9r6sk.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 190
  • West Africa 2016 613_zpsszicav6i.jpg
    West Africa 2016 613_zpsszicav6i.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 267
  • West Africa 2016 055_zpszeogoasi.jpg
    West Africa 2016 055_zpszeogoasi.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 261
  • West Africa 2016 855_zpspc2vh3qj.jpg
    West Africa 2016 855_zpspc2vh3qj.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 193
  • West Africa 2016 153_zpsb215llpp.jpg
    West Africa 2016 153_zpsb215llpp.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent report!

Congratulations on your hunt and I appreciate the pointers a lot.

What, no Palm fronds for you during Hippo recovery!?

Sounds like a great experience. Congrats on the nice animals.

Thanks for the report.

Outfitter: Atacora Safaris

Area: Konkombri bordering Pendjari National Park

PH: Philippe Clero

Animals taken: Harnessed Bushbuck, Western Savannah Buffalo, Western Roan, Hippo, Red-flanked duiker

Animals targeted but not taken: Western Hartebeest, Sing Sing Waterbuck

After 3 safaris to southern Africa, I wanted to try something different. East Africa is a little too expensive for me, so I wanted to give West Africa a shot. One problem I ran into is my lack of speaking French. From my research I noted that the more popular (and cheaper) destination was Burkina Faso, and the typical arrangement was using a local PH with an interpreter. In many cases this led to a successful hunt, but in some it also led to a nightmare, specifically related to communication and expectations. One of my requirements was to have a PH that spoke English and preferably not local. I also wanted to hunt an area and country not commonly hunted by Americans. This led me to Benin. Currently there are only 5 outfitters in Benin, 4 of which offer Big Game hunting. Porga – operated by Club Faune, Batia which mostly uses local PHs and the W park, which is currently red-flagged for terrorist activity from the Niger border. Finally there is a relatively small concession called Konkombri on the north-east side of Pendjari Park.

Konkombri is small but very unique. It is bordered by the Pendjari river to the north and west (with the national park on the other side of the river) and by the Atacora mountains on the east side. This leads to a good amount of animals that cross over from the park and the mountains sort of provide a natural barrier to many, especially some with 2 legs. It was previously run by an operator that primarily catered to European clients, typically French. But last year, the operations were taken over by new management and they are interested in marketing to other sectors like the US. The owner actually advertised a hunt on this forum. There are 2 PHs currently in camp both named Philippe and both speak very good English. Philippe Clero, who I hunted with, hunts extensively in Tanzania and used to hunt in CAR. Thus he is very used to non-European clients, especially Americans. His English is impeccable.

The hunt is not especially hard, but you must be in decent shape. The terrain is mostly savannah with forest type woodlands near the rivers and rocky near the foothills of the mountains. The valleys in the mountains also have some shallow pools of water. The ground for the most part is hard clay and has a lot of holes from elephant foot prints during the rainy season. I managed to twist my ankle badly in one of these on the 2nd day of the hunt, but the hunt was saved by an Ace bandage and some Advil. They do some controlled burning, so you have anything from tall to medium grass and burnt patches of new grass. Great habitat for animals to eat and bed. This is not a high game density area. I would call it medium at best, but there are large nos. of buffalo, roan and kob. More importantly there are many old animals as well as animals of different age ranges including very young, which is promising. They have anti-poaching teams that are incentivized by what they find. The model seems to be working.

During my hunt the days were very hot and basically we returned to camp for lunch and didn’t start back up until late afternoon. Very little animal activity in the heat of the day. The camp is in the middle of the concession and remote. It takes about 2 hrs by car after you enter the park near Batia. Camp is comfortable and they have a generator they run all day. Huts have en-suite bathrooms and running water from a well. Food is French cuisine exclusively using game meat. Good food. I don’t drink much when hunting, but they have a good selection of hard liquors, wine and beer, which is included in moderation. The Harmattan was an issue the last 5 days of the hunt. Animals are a little skittish, especially in high winds. It also induces coughing in cases.

Bushbuck

This was high on my list. Ended up taking him on the first day. We were not having much luck connecting with animals, so decided to stop by a local fishing village. On the way back, I asked to stop to take a picture of the sunset and as we were doing so, up pops the horns in the foreground. Get off the truck and a quick stalk and shot. The grass is high in places, so very often you do not get a full view of the animal. In this case, all I could see was the back half and part of the head. You have to know the anatomy. I shot through the grass and got the lungs just behind the front legs. You have to be comfortable taking shots like this or you may have to pass on many good animals. I naturally tend to aim for fur, so had to concentrate a bit.

Buffalo

On the first day, we chased a group of old males through some thick terrain. There was one very good old male in the group but got spooked about 200 yards out by some kob we ran into. We chased them for a few hours, through tall grass, dry river beds, woodlands and savannah, but ended up losing the tracks. Pretty sure they went back into the park. On the second day afternoon, we ran into a large herd. Must have been about a hundred buffalo. A quick stalk and shot at what we felt was the oldest bull in the group. We saw buffalo almost every day. Some very old bulls and in many cases we were able to stalk as close as 30 yards. Pretty exciting stuff.

Roan

We saw Roan every day. Many is groups and also many loan bulls. Ideally I wanted to take an old lone bull. On the afternoon of the third day, we found a lone old male right off the road. The first shot was a bit back, but we finished after a quick follow up.

Hippo

I was originally hoping to do a hunt on land. But these hippos pretty much stay in the water during daylight hours. The hippos here stay in pools close to the river and go back and forth into the park. It is exciting to get so close to them, but the hunt itself is not the most adrenaline pumping. We looked over a couple of pools over two day. The challenge is finding a suitable old animal. The shot will be fairly close, within 50 yards. They are not as big bodied as other parts of Africa. The recovery is definitely exciting and not what I was expecting. There are no boats, so the guys go out with lighted palm fronds and beat the water to scare away the other hippos and crocodiles to tie a rope to the dead hippo and drag it back.

Red-flanked duiker

We nicknamed them the red devil. They were very high on my list and one of the reasons I picked Benin over Burkina Faso. Having taken the bushbuck, buffalo and roan within the first 3 days took some pressure off so we could concentrate on the duiker. All you see are fleeting glimpses as they run off. Philippe would call them and on the first day, we had one come in very close to the call, but it was a female. We saw quite a few of them but they don’t stand still long enough for a shot. Also once they see you, they will not respond to a call. We hunted them hard for 4-5 days. They like living at the edge of the savannah and the woodlands near the dry river beds. Very difficult habitat for a shot due to the thick vegetation and obstructions. Finally one morning, we managed to find one hiding behind some thick branches. It was not far but extremely obstructed view. The head was behind a big branch. It took us a while to confirm it was a shootable male. We got a quick glimpse of the horns when it picked up its head. The only shot I had was a few inch by few inch opening through the brush on the rib cage. Otherwise the animal was completely obstructed. I took careful aim and shot. But the bullet must have hit a branch and tumbled. It ended up hitting the animal in the head at an angle and pretty much destroyed the skull and cape. It was the most exciting and the most disappointing point of the entire hunt. I wanted to do a full body mount and after chasing them for days, I had managed to destroy the cape. He was an old male with very nice horns.

Hartebeest and Waterbuck

On day 2 I completely missed a shot on a nice old male hartebeest standing quarter to at about 120 yards. I have no idea what happened. We tried chasing them for a second shot, but no luck. I was so surprised at the miss I even rechecked zero on the rifle. It was me. We chased after them on a few other occasions, but either could not get a decent shot or could not find a shootable old animal.

The last two days, I decided to also try for Waterbuck. They were there, although not in huge numbers. The day before the last day, we actually came across a very nice old male in a group. They were pretty relaxed on the side of the road, so we drove past them and stopped to glass. As we were glassing, a truck full of game scouts from the park drove up right behind us and stopped right in front of them causing them to take off. We tried going after them, but no luck. On the afternoon of the last day we saw a male that would meet trophy standards, but was still young, so I decided not to take the shot.

Pointers:

1. I flew into Ouaga in Burkina and drove from there into Benin. Flights from France to Ouaga are more frequent than to Cotonou in Benin and I was not carrying rifles. The border crossing can be difficult as many are looking for bribes. I refuse to bribe, especially government officials. I was questioned for a while by the Benin police at the border, but finally he gave up and stamped my passport. I would consider flying into Cotonou to save the hassle. Drive time from either is about 10-11 hrs over crappy roads. Flying from Cotonou to Natitingou on an air charter then driving 3 hrs may be an option for those interested.

2. I would not recommend this for first time hunters to Africa or those who want a high body count of animals. The enjoyment is in the experience and you must go with the flow. The animals are there, but you will need focus and luck to get them.

3. Harmattan can be an issue if you are sensitive to dust. You will get caked in it. I think I have a pound of that crap in my lungs. A bandana or dust mask may help. As such I did not have much issues with it.

4. It was hot with temps around 40-42 mid day, but it is a dry heat. Evenings are cool. I would think twice about hunting after mid-march because of the heat. The concessions is bordered by the river on 2 sides, so there is always water and animals here. But when hot they are not moving.

5. English is not an issue with these guys. The PHs as well as the Owners speak great English and are very fast in responding to your queries. No surprises from what I was told the hunt was going to be.

6. The ground is uneven and hard clay. You may not see many holes as they are covered in dry grass. Boots with good ankle support is needed. Also carry a couple of Ace bandages in your first aid kit. It saved my hunt.

excellent report hunted across the river from you In Burkina Faso at Arly safaris in late Jan nice animals

Great report! Thank you.

Great hunt report, Did you see Lion?

Great hunt report, Did you see Lion?

I personally only saw tracks, but a couple of French hunters in camp at the same time ran into one during one of their stalks. As I understood from the PHs, there is a small population of them staying in the concession, but they only have 1 tag a year. Also baiting and calling is not allowed. So strictly tracking.

Well done Roy ! You took some great trophies. (y)

Nice report, thanks for sharing! I hope to get to this part of Africa some day also

Thanks for the report. It's nice reading about Benin and Burkina Faso. Defiantly on the "Bucket List". That Buf is huge, by the way!

Congrats for a great experience and very good trophies.

Would love to go to West Africa someday !

Hope you at least tried to save the duiker cape. There are some very talented taxidermist in the States that could get something decent put together for you.

Hope you at least tried to save the duiker cape. There are some very talented taxidermist in the States that could get something decent put together for you.

I did as my taxidermist is pretty good. But I think this one will be too much for any taxidermist. The picture is of the "good" side. The other side is completely gone. Everything between the ears and the nose is pretty much destroyed. If I cannot get another cape from somewhere, I will ask the taxidermist to see what he can do. Chances are he may be able to use parts off a bush duiker cape and spray it to match the coloration.

Thanks for the hunt report! Beautiful pictures! I would have liked to have done this hunt, I just didn't have time.

Outstanding hunt report! I just read it for the second time! Thank you fir sharing!
I like the Roan a lot.

Fantastic report and well done. You got some really good animals.
I just spent 6 days late April.
We had lots of rain and the bush was green (as you can see on the picture)but we saw lots of game. Lots of buffaloes !!!! nice cobs, we heard lion almost every night, hippos....
Just love that place.

Well done again
christophe

Attachments

• DSC02097.JPG
    10.1 MB · Views: 135

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.