Belgium banning the import of hunting trophies

Well, scratch Belgium off of my list of places that I'd like to live, not that it was ever even on my list.

Come on, Belgium is not that bad, they have great restaurants, and their beer is the best in the world.

The weather, well, could be better :ROFLMAO:

Come on, Belgium is not that bad, they have great restaurants, and their beer is the best in the world.

The weather, well, could be better :ROFLMAO:
True, the Germans went for the beer and stayed for the food!

"In a momentous triumph for wildlife conservation and animal welfare,"

What a joke, what do these politicians know about conservation. Maybe those on the ground, dealing with poaching, and truly fighting for the conservation of those animals should be the ones to ask about conservation. Not a politician who has never been outside the comfort zone of their mansions.
These type of politicians have never stepped off the pavement!

It seems more and more EU countries are ditching conservation and just going for out right bans' not just of imports' but also banning hunting in their own countries. Some are even bringing wolves back like the US did...very stupid ideas that do nothing to actually help wildlife.

Just heard from one of the importing agents here in Belgium:

For two of his clients, who had hunted lion in 2020, he tried to get a prolongation of the since expired pre-CITES approval. Due to Covid, incorrectly filled in documentation in SA, etc. the pre-CITES which is usually around 1.5years valid, had expired. The response so far has been "No, a prolongation of a pre-CITES is the same as the request for a new one. The minister has asked us to no longer approve any new pre-CITES".

Worst thing about the above, is that those lion(s) were legally hunted, financial contribution's to conservation were made and the taxidermy bill was paid. Now they cannot even be delivered anymore.

So the net is about to fully close on the importation of trophies on Appendix I and 6 species from Appendix II (lion, African savannah elephant, hippo, southern white rhino, polar bear and argali sheep)

We really need to move countries.

For two of his clients, who had hunted lion in 2020, he tried to get a prolongation of the since expired pre-CITES approval. Due to Covid, incorrectly filled in documentation in SA, etc. the pre-CITES which is usually around 1.5years valid, had expired. The response so far has been "No, a prolongation of a pre-CITES is the same as the request for a new one. The minister has asked us to no longer approve any new pre-CITES".

Worst thing about the above, is that those lion(s) were legally hunted, financial contribution's to conservation were made and the taxidermy bill was paid. Now they cannot even be delivered anymore.

So the net is about to fully close on the importation of trophies on Appendix I and 6 species from Appendix II (lion, African savannah elephant, hippo, southern white rhino, polar bear and argali sheep)

THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!

Sometimes a person may believe in geopolitical modifications could be a good thing.

I guess that politicians only care about how much money they get or if they get to get their member moist.

what hypocrisy, and that in a country with what is believed to be the largest paedophile network in Europe.
You don't believe that?
Google the story of Marc Dutroux.
He has connections up to the highest Belgian government circles that have systematically prevented a complete clarification of the case and 27 !!!! witnesses died mysteriously or disappeared completely.

But don't import hunting trophies, then my world will be right again:mad:

Last edited:
what hypocrisy, and that in a country with what is believed to be the largest paedophile network in Europe.
You don't believe that?
Google the story of Marc Dutroux.
He has connections up to the highest Belgian government circles that have systematically prevented a complete clarification of the case and 27 !!!! witnesses died mysteriously or disappeared completely.

But don't import hunting trophies, then my world will be right again:mad:
I'm not sure what this 30 year old history on a pedophile brings to the table concerning trophy imports to Belgium...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.