bad hunter experiences

dobber

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
not to highjack the bad outfitter thread, but got me thinking about the bad hunters, the one story with the Elle and bow hunter sure is one that sticks out. Certainly not asking the outfitters to share their horror stories, even though I know they likely have plenty, but other hunters who shared a camp with some.

I have a buddy who did outfitting for bear, he is one of those north wood no nonsense kind of guys that I appreciate, only talk when something needs to be said. He was driving his truck down the back roads and the hunter who wouldn't quit talking, yells at my buddy to stop, they both jump out of the truck, hunter bends down and says "doe, big doe likely 200 pounds", drive a bit further and again "stop", gets out looks at the tracks "buck track, looks like its walking with a limp", bit further down the road and all the while my buddy is biting his tongue "stop" hunter gets out "doe, lots of weight, likely pregnant"
a few more miles down the road, my buddy has just about heard enough of chatter, so on a straight away he picks up speed, slams on the brakes, skids sideways to a stop, gets out looking at the ground, hunter is asking what is it, what is it, my buddy looks up at him and says "Ford F150, likely an 89, Michelin tires, left front low on air"
they enjoyed a quiet ride the rest of the trip

I have hunted with people that could not hit the animal at 40 yaerds broadside. Others that could not see the animal at less than 40 yards.
The funny one was when hunting and we see 7 large bucks and the only one who had never killed a deer shoots the only one not in the open and it was a forky. The smallest deer there.

I had a friend who when I saw a deer at 20 yards and he did not kept talking loudly "where is it" and jumping around until I could not get a shot as he got between the deer and myself. He did this more than once in all the time we hunted together.

I have a friend who shot a decent size hog in east Texas, probably around 200 lbs. He told me he'd killed a big sow. When I walked up to it I told him it was a boar. He again insisted it was as sow. I commented that if it was a sow that it had the largest pair of balls that I'd ever seen on a sow. The guy had seen the teats on it after it was dead and thought that meant it was a sow....

The sad part is the gentleman was in his early 50s, had been a hunter all of his life, and actually owned (still does) a sporting goods business. He talked a great game, but sure couldn't back it up!

I have a friend who shot a decent size hog in east Texas, probably around 200 lbs. He told me he'd killed a big sow. When I walked up to it I told him it was a boar. He again insisted it was as sow. I commented that if it was a sow that it had the largest pair of balls that I'd ever seen on a sow. The guy had seen the teats on it after it was dead and thought that meant it was a sow....

The sad part is the gentleman was in his early 50s, had been a hunter all of his life, and actually owned (still does) a sporting goods business. He talked a great game, but sure couldn't back it up!

maybe it was a tranny hog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!