Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Have received word that our taxidermy crates have been cleared and waiting for delivery out of Atl to TN.

We used Moredou for all our taxidermy which included lifesized, shoulder and a couple rifle cases.
(Outstanding communication during the process & received pictures during the process)

Decided in air freight instead of sea, went with Login Logistics for this.
(Good communication during shipping, kept us updated to delays due to weather and such)

Import/Export services provided by Coppersmith Global Logistics out of Atlanta.(Excellent thus far)

To say I am eager to receive our mounts and see them with my own eyes would be an understatement. Will post up pictures once the goods have arrived.

:beer:
Nathan

Waiting for the pictures.:cupcoffee:

Did you have the taxiderny done in Africa? If you did will coppersmith send directly to your house? I am thinking about having some work done in South Africa especially if they will ship to my house without going through a taxidermnist

Did you have the taxiderny done in Africa? If you did will coppersmith send directly to your house? I am thinking about having some work done in South Africa especially if they will ship to my house without going through a taxidermnist

Yes we had ALL taxi work completed in Af and yes Coppersmith is delivering directly to our home.

BnC 04

Christmas in April at your house.

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

Please post pictures and a price break down when you can, I am departing July 6th and still have not settled on taxidermy here or there..

Well guys, 2 big ol'crates have arrived in the garage:thumb:
From the outside looks I was very satisfied with the construction of the crates and once I made it past the 300 screws and wood glue used, she finally gave up and let me in.
Everything appears to have made the journey with no issues. Attempted to move the Kitty but will need a few extra bodies for that task.
Once I get everything unwrapped and in place I will post some pictures.

Nathan

see pictures attached...

Attachments

• Animals 177.jpg
    Animals 177.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Animals 184.jpg
    Animals 184.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 211
  • Animals 178.jpg
    Animals 178.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Animals 175.jpg
    Animals 175.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Animals 174.jpg
    Animals 174.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 208
Called it good for the night. The big mounts will have to wait till tomorrow. Also gives me time to figure out how the rest is going to fit anyway.

Damn man, you got them on the wall already.

You are motivated.

Looking good so far.

Damn man, you got them on the wall already.

You are motivated.

Looking good so far.

Thanks Wayne, if your not busy you can swing on down an give me a hand with bringing in the lion...:D Heavier then our bears by far. Should be fun.

Got the big mount in the house and without having to blow a hole in the roof...

Attachments

• Lion 002.jpg
    Lion 002.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Lion 005.jpg
    Lion 005.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 197

You had to go and do the full body mount....., how am I going to explain this to my wife? Looks good man from the pictures. Seeing it in person, are your happy with the work from Moredou? I'm about to send the money off to have my and my son't trophies sent.

Good to hear no problems. They all look good.

Nice job on the lioness mount.

"A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

Glad you got it in the door without renovations being required, but...

You are so screwed. Where are you going to fit that full mount in the house?

that lioness came up trumps ,Bnc 04
what would that whole mount weigh ?
now you get to play musical heads for a while till you get em sitting just right

You had to go and do the full body mount....., how am I going to explain this to my wife? Looks good man from the pictures. Seeing it in person, are your happy with the work from Moredou? I'm about to send the money off to have my and my son't trophies sent.

Thanks Phil, I am VERY impressed with the lion/impala mount, it really came out great. The shoulder mounts and skulls all look good with no damage from shipping at all. Quality work at a good price is my opinion. I will use them again for the male and the rest on the hit list.

Nathan

Glad you got it in the door without renovations being required, but...

You are so screwed. Where are you going to fit that full mount in the house?

LOL, Who needs an office anyway...It's officially be renamed the "African Room". Just gotta do some minor shifting to get it just right but am definitely running short on room. Current mount count stands at 69:)

that lioness came up trumps ,Bnc 04
what would that whole mount weigh ?
now you get to play musical heads for a while till you get em sitting just right

Thanks Bluey, Our best guess is 225-250lbs and that's everything together. Adds up quick when you have 1" plywood as a starting base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.