Anyone else watch On Safari hosted by Sitka Osei?

Ridge Runner

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Anyone every watch the series On Safari hosted by Sitka Osei?

I enjoy being able to at least see Africa while I'm planning for 2025. Especially since some of the areas she is in will be near the areas I'll be going to.

IMO she does a good job of presenting Africa's landscape and wildlife, along with animal conservation efforts at some of these lodges. But a poor job of showing the real Africa and the real African experience.

Does anyone on AH stay at such lavish lodges and your experience(s). That is just to satisfy my curiosity are they worth looking into?

Where is she staying? If you do not provide that information I am afraid you might not get answers from those of us who will/can not see the show. If you then, also, changed the name of the thread to 'Has anyone stayed at xxx, yyy and zzz", there might be many more responses. Just saying.

I can't fault her for anything on her program, after all, she is trying to show the best side of everything, including "Luxury Lodging". If she were to show poverty, disease, and the real Africa, it wouldn't be a very popular show.

Can I see any of the overpaid Hillbillies on this forum camping out at one of those places? Nope. The dime tour would be enough.

Last edited:
Where is she staying? If you do not provide that information I am afraid you might not get answers from those of us who will/can not see the show. If you then, also, changed the name of the thread to 'Has anyone stayed at xxx, yyy and zzz", there might be many more responses. Just saying.

She is in various parts of Africa, I just saw her travels in RSA, at various luxurious outfitters. Luxurious being an understatement. Every guest lodge looks to be a large house. Some of these luxury outfits have individual pools at each guest lodge. The tent camp consisted of canvas roofed luxurious mini multi room lodge.

She gives the persona that guests are in some sort of US style safari park or large zoo environment. Not the wilds of Africa where the animals are totally free roaming and can pose a real danger.

When I said she does a poor job of showing the real Africa and the real African experience. I mean that undefinable feeling of being in rustic Africa where one knows they are not at some sort of theme or amusement park and the animals aren't part of a petting zoo.

I'm more interested in members opinions that have seen her African shows and about these luxurious outfitters Sitka visits. Also if any member would actually prefer such luxurious accommodations versus the comfortable, not so luxurious outfitters we generally stay with.

For that were looking up the programs at spelled her name wrong it is Sika not Sitka.

On Safari
-The Outpost Lodge, Limpop - Jambalaya Madikwe, Madike GR
- Thanda Safari,
- Kapama Karula, Kapama GR, Limpopo
- Settlers Drift, Kariega GR, EC
- Moliri Safari, Dwarsberg Mountains

This week it's on Journy channel.

"...typical African experience...." My a$$!!

IMPO.....The typical African experience doesn't include gourmet chefs (plural) prepared meals on fine linen tablecloths, fine china, Silver ware, and some of the finer wines of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClevelandV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)