Any experience with Zeiss Conquest HD's?

M70HUNTER

Reaction score
Hunted
USA
Does anyone have experience with the Zeiss Conquest HD binoculars? I have a chance to get a like new pair for 700 bucks. Thanks in advance for the help.

excellent bino's. Have mine for years hunting Africa. very durable, will not go wrong...

I'm not sure there is better glass in their price range......definitely not in the $700 price range. Buy them!

Excellent glass in the 600-1000 range. Several elk hunting buddies run the zeiss conquest hd's and you couldn't pry them out of their hands for anything less than Swaro's. To my 40 year old eyes the Zeiss and the Nikon monarch 7's looked so close that I couldn't tell the difference under full or low light conditions. I have Nikon M7's mostly because I was also able to get a "pro-plan" deal. Buy'em and don't look back...

Paid $1000 for mine new 3 years or so ago. They are great. buy em.

Thanks for the help, I'll go ahead and get them.

Agree with everyone else, especially at that price. You won't be sorry.

They also work well with my glasses, which I can't say for all binos.

I have the Conquest HD 10x42. Really great glass. I'm very happy with them.

I spend a bunch of time looking through binos before I bought these. In my humble opinion (or just what my eyes like best), they are the best show at the price point.

And the price you mentioned is a steal. Even if they are open box or demo binos, I'd still pick them up. If they are "lightly used" with the kit and box, it's still a good deal. Just verify that they are HDs.

Those Conquest HD's are great, as everyone says, but lots of guys have reported eye relief issues with them, including myself. If you have this problem, Zeiss has some replacement eyecups that alleviate this problem, and they're free from Zeiss.

I will offer this though. I took a Tract Toric binocular to Namibia this past August. In camp we had Swaro SLC WB (older model), Swaro SLC 8x30, and a Conquest HD, and a Leupold Mojave Pro Guide HD. The Toric was the standout and it was very obvious. I also have compared them to my Meopta Meostar HD and SLC HD, and my 55 yr old eyes can see no difference. The Toric is a steal at $650'ish.

Good luck, and have some fun with it.

I bought a pair that were a great deal, they are great binos, got tired of watching my older brother struggle with his cheapies so I gave my Zeiss to him. He loves them so much you couldn't beat them out of his hands. I am a firm believer in good glass, a couple hours of glassing with quality optics will save you a lot of walking.
Buy them,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazukoWink

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.