Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Wild Turkey Fed.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe
https://www.wbtv.com/2020/07/14/kayaker-has-close-encounter-with-an-alligator-waccamaw-river/

Not exactly a hunting video (unless you figure the gator was hunting supper), but an interesting short clip anyway. I hope it comes through. Just that morning I was reassuring a neighbor who was hesitant to put her kayak into our local streams because of the fairly frequent alligator sightings. "Nah," I said. "They never bother kayakers. Sometimes they'll come close and look at you, but mostly they disappear when you're around. Nothing to worry about." Then that evening this was on the local TV news. (Waccamaw River is not far from here.) She saw the news and was not pleased with my advice. Oh well.

Irritated one at Johnson's Bayou in Cameron Parish while guiding duck hunters many years ago. He was apparently submerged across the boat trail when my 14 ft flat bottom struck him at some speed in the dark on the way to the blind. His head came around instantly snapping the transom about three-inches from my sport's left knee. He left four teeth imbedded in the aluminum. My sport's shooting wasn't what it should have been that morning.

#METOO!!!! It's Alligator breeding time in NC....So this fellow was just trying to hook up?

I guess gators and kayaks don't mate very well. Bet he was pissed.

Irritated one at Johnson's Bayou in Cameron Parish while guiding duck hunters many years ago. He was apparently submerged across the boat trail when my 14 ft flat bottom struck him at some speed in the dark on the way to the blind. His head came around instantly snapping the transom about three-inches from my sport's left knee. He left four teeth imbedded in the aluminum. My sport's shooting wasn't what it should have been that morning.
Something similar happened to me many years ago in the Okefenokee Swamp. I'm not sure if our boat "ran over" the gator or we just collided or he decided the boat wasn't welcome in his spot of swamp, but suddenly violent BUMP and agitated thrashing gator to starboard a few feet from where I was sitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelisaWech

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?