African style rifle buying sweet spot

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
It appears to me that we are in a sweet spot for buying purpose built African style rifles. There aren’t many new models or rifles coming on the market. So we don’t fully know what inflation has done to that market. So the price seems to be comparatively stagnant.

I’m looking for others opinions, but with labor cost, and material cost never coming back to where they were

I think we are in a sweet spot and may look back on this time. Wishing we snagged anything we may want in the future. Eventually, the manufacture costs are going to be passed on, pushing the used market up.

I would tend to agree, but due to expectations that there will be more difficulties in travelling with firearms, I believe there will be more inflation seen on fine rifles from .375H&H and down. (Local use rifles basically)

The top of the crème (big name and their finest examples) will keep value in any case, no matter the caliber.

You could be right, but I believe things are always in flux. When is the best time to buy anything? Any time before now is usually the correct answer.

If you really want an African style hunting rifle, now is always the time because it’s not likely to get less expensive.

There is another way.
We may consider to change definition of African style rifle. It could be easier.

Blaser R8 strongly affects this definition in high end rifle market.
And new kids in the block are coming up, recently I looked at Bergara B14 in 375 H&H, as an example of budget rifle.

So, maybe new age is coming, reserved for millennial generation?!

You could be right, but I believe things are always in flux. When is the best time to buy anything? Any time before now is usually the correct answer.

If you really want an African style hunting rifle, now is always the time because it’s not likely to get less expensive.
^^This ^^
I bought a Ruger #1 with custom wood, engraving, checkering and stippling in 2020 for $1250, and that was after days on Gunbroker with some healthy bidding. It's my perfect PG rifle at this time. I've seen the cost of basic #1's now that start bidding higher than that. I'm pretty sure I can sell it for double now. Nothing is getting cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAngloPrussian

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.