African Hunting Safari For Two

There is no free lunch, with the donated hunts. The free hunt cost is amortized in the cost of the sold hunts. The outfitter know what he needs to make over the entire season.

There is no free lunch, with the donated hunts. The free hunt cost is amortized in the cost of the sold hunts. The outfitter know what he needs to make over the entire season.

That is a truth best case scenario. The rule of economics: "no cost is incurred that is not passed on to the customers". We hope that donations are averaged and come out of the profit margin of all paying customers. That's the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is that no cost was incurred by the donor OR that all costs are plotted to be covered by the fees l, upcharges and incidentals of the actual single customer.

I had this happen once, a free hunt that was not free at all. Every single person at the camp had "won" a free hunt. The sporting good store in town said as we walked in "don't tell me, you won a free hunt!". Harr har. Don't ever book a hunt with Bob McConnell, cast and blast lodge, or horseshoe hill Outfitters without doing a search first. I can provide a hue list of angry past clients. I digress..but that is the potential problem.

Back to topic, has anyone offered any price to acquire the hunt from the original author? There is some strong praise for the outfitter so surely someone will put their money where their mouth is and acquire the hunt for something?

Why not start a bid and see how high it will go amongst friends and past clients of the outfitter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?