Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA, ADA, ACTA, SCI
Hunted
Australia, NZ, RSA
Had been meaning procrastinating to do this for a while. Finally got on to it.

Finish is a bit rough 'rustic' ;)

My proud Scottish heritage came through on this one - total cost was about $10 :)

Pallet timber, a 40" genuine leather belt ($3 from the local thrift store), some left over stain and a few screws.

rack.jpg

My proud Scottish heritage came through on this one - total cost was about $10 :)

Pallet timber, a 40" genuine leather belt ($3 from the local thrift store), some left over stain and a few screws.

View attachment 563510
@Tintin
Nice gun stand mate but typical Scotsman long pockets and short arms when it come to parting with $$$.
As a mate says when it comes to parting with money he's a tight as a fishes arse and that's water tight.
He's that tight if he owned the ocean he would give you a wave. And at the pub he wouldn't even shout if a shark bit him.
You didn't procrastinate you just had to find the materials needed at the right price, now that take time.
Bob

View attachment 563510
Fantastic!

Looks good. I have a bunch of oak pallet wood, some leather and ideas I've thrown around to make one. Problem is I have no use for it so I haven't made it.

Thanks @CJW

Genuine need is not a requirement for a lot of 'projects' we see here on AH :ROFLMAO:

Look forward to seeing the finished result. (y)

Mine was inspired in part by one in the background of some of Old Colonial Treasures videos.

He has had some cool rifles in his.

Last edited:
@Tintin
Nice gun stand mate but typical Scotsman long pockets and short arms when it come to parting with $$$.
As a mate says when it comes to parting with money he's a tight as a fishes arse and that's water tight.
He's that tight if he owned the ocean he would give you a wave. And at the pub he wouldn't even shout if a shark bit him.
You didn't procrastinate you just had to find the materials needed at the right price, now that take time.
Bob
Bob @Just Gina says that if you lean over and raise your leg, you can reach the bottom of your pocket. And believe me, she knows. She has me doing that all the time;)

Hi @Ray B

I cut the stitching on the belt, so that I had two strips of leather

the thinner suede lining, and
the belt proper.

I used the suede lining (that looks orange in the photo above) as the connecting link from the base to the crossmember, as a 'stay' to keep the legs from opening too far.

I used the back face of the belt proper to line the recesses for the barrels.

Hope that all makes sense.

The legs fold flush. It does not fold beyond that. I'd expect it should fit into the boot (trunk) of an SUV.

stand empty in.jpg

Last edited:
Bob @Just Gina says that if you lean over and raise your leg, you can reach the bottom of your pocket. And believe me, she knows. She has me doing that all the time;)
@Action Bob
4 simple solutions
Buy pants with longer pockets or no pockets.
Tell her you leg is to sore to lift.

The other way is put said hand in pockets, look sheepish and say dang darling I must have left my wallet at home you might have to pay for this one.
Don't tell @Just Gina I told you that trick or she might tell my wife and I could end up in trouble.
Bob

So you’re saying that table in the dining room is not for guns? Go figure!
As is often the case ... it depends on who else is in the house at the time :ROFLMAO:

Very nice!! If you get a few more pallets you could start a side/cottage industry.
Would be fun. The workforce skill levels might need a bit of development to get to the 'merchantable quality' standard. :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashawndaN

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!