Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
I have a sporterized 6.5 Jap. It's pretty decent with a good stock. I would like to have it drilled and tapped for a scope.

I am traveling to ANC in a couple weeks and can bring it with me. Does anyone have names / contact info for ANC or maybe valley people who offer this service?

Thanks in advance.

Wild West Guns should be able
To sort it out.

I honestly forget they are there. Thanks WAB.

Reactions: WAB
Hawks Gunsmithing. He's been around a long time, works out of a shop connected to his house. If it needs to be done immediately I'd give him a ring ahead of time, he is a one man shop with no shortage of work on his calendar.

I was in WWG shortly after they got "famous" for tricking out Marlin lever guns. Arrogant bunch who had no interest in helping me if I didn't want to pay them a ton to convert my gun or buy one of theirs at an inflated price. I was not in their store for either reason. That was years ago, have driven by probably 50 times since, never bothered to go in again.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of friends express similar experiences...

It is strange how some gun shops seem intent on driving away business. The worst is walking in to a shop with the old gang hanging around the counter. They all stop talking and look like you’re interfering in something. The owner doesn’t even ask what you would like. I just walk out and never go back.

I have a sporterized 6.5 Jap. It's pretty decent with a good stock. I would like to have it drilled and tapped for a scope.

I am traveling to ANC in a couple weeks and can bring it with me. Does anyone have names / contact info for ANC or maybe valley people who offer this service?

Thanks in advance.

I repaired an old barn find 6.5 Arisaka that my father in law had a few years back.. those actions are incredibly strong, and the 6.5 is super light on the shoulder…

With a decent scope on top of it, it’ll make a pretty cool black tail rifle that should be a hoot to shoot…

Exactly Dave. (y)

Attachments

• Ammo 6.5 Jap. 20 Rounds Norma Semi-Point | Live and Online Auctions on HiBid.com.pdf
    564.2 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmbroseVog

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani