505 Gibbs vs 500 Jeffery. Thoughts on these heavy hitters? Alternatives?

I wonder why people are so against belts on cases, except for the 375 H&H, then it's fine. I also wonder why people are so against rebated rims except when it's the 404 Jeffery. I have no problem with belts or rebated rim cases personally. I like my 375 H&H / Weatherby and love my 500 Jeffery.

I wonder why people are so against belts on cases, except for the 375 H&H, then it's fine. I also wonder why people are so against rebated rims except when it's the 404 Jeffery. I have no problem with belts or rebated rim cases personally. I like my 375 H&H / Weatherby and love my 500 Jeffery.
I adore my 425 WR and my 375 and 300 H&H magnums . Rebated rims / belted cases i don’t give a stuff . They are just great cartridges in great rifles .

The disdain for the .460 Weatherby (largely) comes from people showing up in Africa with a gun they had not shot much and couldn’t shoot it well. The Weatherby rifles were relatively light, Mark Vs were obviously push feed, and a lot were seemingly bought by people unfamiliar with heavy recoiling guns as they were the biggest and baddest. In a proper rifle, the round itself is solid.
I know of at least 3 well known Zimbabwe PHs who exclusively use .460 W rifles and swear by them. One was recently hit hard by a previously unseen buff. He had no time to get a second shot off. He knows how I feel about dbls. For dangerous game . He said, “before you ask, yes I would have rather had a double, but a damned big one”

I believe the difference between base and rim diameter on the .404j to be .002 smaller rim. I have shot hundreds of rounds of .404j
And swear it to be the smoothest feeding round I shoot. A lot of bang with little buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greattemple

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.