458 Lott Arctic Gunworks

woodsman1991

AH veteran
Reaction score
Custom 458 Lott built by Arctic Gunworks.

Borden Rimrock stock, NECG iron sights, Warne bases. Fresh coat of Cerakote. This rifle is properly tuned, feeding is perfect as it should be for a DG backup rifle. Will cycle empty shells upside down, all day long. Magazine holds 3+1 in chamber. Barrel length is 22 inches. LOP is 13.5 inches. Weight is light, approximately 8.7 pounds. Not a bench gun but I have shot 3 round sub 1 inch groups using 500 grain 2300 fps loads in testing.

Hate to let this one go, but I will not be in Africa or Alaska hunting for a while and have another project in need of funding. Will come with 20 once fired nickel cases plus 3 boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade 500 grain @2300 fps factory loads.

Asking $2300 shipped for everything. Not looking for trades at this time. Rifle is currently with me in Texas but I'll be traveling to Washington state in the next week or two so can bring it with if anybody wanted to see it along the way.

IMG_9633.jpeg
IMG_9632.jpeg
IMG_9631.jpeg
IMG_9629.jpeg
IMG_9628.jpeg
IMG_9627.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg
1701375422600.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I’ve got to weigh in here. Arctic Gunworks is Gary Junk out of Fairbanks (now Norrh Pole) Alaska. Gary is a tremendous riflesmith. He did my Lott conversion and a few other custom projects for me. You can bet on his work! This is a very fair price for what is offered.

As long as length of pull is proper for the shooter, the weight/recoil shouldn’t be much of an issue. Obviously, could also add some weight where appropriate.

Sorry..... not sure how I missed it as it was the first thing mentioned and even visible in one of the photos. Borden stock!

Sorry..... not sure how I missed it as it was the first thing mentioned and even visible in one of the photos. Borden stock!
Haaaaa. Yes sir. For what it is worth, I have had numerous Pacific Research/Borden stocks and they have all been of consistent very good quality. I have never finished one myself (have done several Bansner’s) but recall they were could be pretty rough. Sounds like a solid smith built the rifle and bet finish is done well.

Indeed, it's a Borden Rimrock, can be seen in the photo of the butt pad. Full length glass bedding fits the action and barrel like a glove. The finish on the stock itself is in good but imperfect condition. Many of the photos show the chips in it where they exist. That being said, there are no cracks or functional issues with the stock. This was and is a true working rifle.

Cool rifle with all the bugs worked out and some Bush character! Someone needs this.

What part of Washington will you be visiting? And what days?

I have literally no use for this at the moment. I don't have any trips planned and there's small chance that changes in the next few years.

That said, I just bought 100 rounds of 458 WIN at an auction and I'm close to justifying this rifle with the fact that I already have ammo for it...

My wife would kill me though. That would be a bit of a problem, so I guess I'll wait a bit before I buy a 458 of some flavor.

I have literally no use for this at the moment. I don't have any trips planned and there's small chance that changes in the next few years.

That said, I just bought 100 rounds of 458 WIN at an auction and I'm close to justifying this rifle with the fact that I already have ammo for it...

My wife would kill me though. That would be a bit of a problem, so I guess I'll wait a bit before I buy a 458 of some flavor.
You've got to die of something eventually and you've already got some ammo! This one comes with 60 more factory loaded rounds and about the best ammo available.

Man, I’m looking at my first 375, but really dig this rifle. Good thing I’m in Canada and am just looking at my first trip to Africa for plainsgame, not DG.

Three shot group at 100 yards with a 3-9x42 scope. In case anybody is curious, it's a lights out accurate shooter.

Every gun Gary has put together for me shoots lights out. I once asked him how he does it. He just laughed and said ‘I just make them right’!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdetteBlam

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you