AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
DZUyI0b.jpg

This is a really long bullet, at this COL the
bullet projects about 0.73" into the case and
really eats up a lot case capacity. In this configuration the base of the bullet just barely
touches the top of the powder column.

3UCpqKx.jpg

H335 has proven to be an excellent powder for the 416 Ruger.

Attachments

• DZUyI0b.jpg
    DZUyI0b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 165
  • 3UCpqKx.jpg
    3UCpqKx.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:
I took the buff in my avatar with a .416 Ruger. Love the cartridge. I need to try the CEB / H335 combo.

Why are you shooting stick figures
CEB and a buff lung I believe. Dont know the particulars but they have been put through the paces and will be my choice next year.
Screenshot_20180609-181924.jpeg

I loaded a similar load with Alliant Power Pro 2000MP. I believe I used 78 grains. As it is a dense powder, I was able to seat a barnes 400 grain solid down to the first cannelure and I still have air space because the powder shakes around in there. You're right though, those 400 grain turned brass solids look like AAA batteries they are so long. I was getting about 2,300 from my Ruger Hawkeye African which has a 22.5" barrel (I sawed the threads off and recrowned. I really like the rifle and have taken black bear and deer with it. If you want a flat shooting load, look at the woodleigh 340 grain PP. The .416 Ruger can push it out the muzzle at 2,550 and recoil is comparatively mild.

How did those CEBs feed in your rifle (you didn't mention a rifle make model)? I just know my M77 African just barely fed those FN Barnes brass solids becaus I would take the corner off one every now and then when I fed it into the chamber from the magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88apktop

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg